Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, which Wifi card are you running?

I have the Dell DW1830 which should be compatible according to this article but I haven't had the time to go through the full post-install procedure yet.

Another update: I updated the firmware in the PC401 NVMe SK hynix 512GB to the latest version and repartitioned the drive again, this time Mojave installed and I'm up and running 10.14.2! This is great news! I have copied the EFI folder from the USB drive to the SSD and can boot without the USB now. What I don't have working is Wifi/Bluetooth as I have to get the DW1830 card, but also, accelerated graphics don't seem to be working as I don't have the transparency effect on the GUI. Trying to figure out why...

Fantastic, I got it working. Thank you so much to shenlinsl (and everyone) for all the amazing work. I used the sudo kextcache -i / and copied over the other EFI folder and now acceleration and more is working. Fantastic job!!

Last edited:
Fantastic, I got it working. Thank you so much to shenlinsl (and everyone) for all the amazing work. I used the sudo kextcache -i / and copied over the other EFI folder and now acceleration and more is working. Fantastic job!!
Congratulations on your normal use. So far, card reader and HDMI are not available. If you have any progress, let me know in time.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

shenlinsi, have you installed the 10.14.3 update? If so, is there anything that needs to be done to the setup files? Thanks very much again!

shenlinsi, have you installed the 10.14.3 update? If so, is there anything that needs to be done to the setup files? Thanks very much again!

Rest assured to try to upgrade,
upgraded on the day 14.3 was released. Upgraded,

you need to use all the files under the macOS-Mojave OS Installer folder I made to upgrade,
or use the config file I made for you to upgrade, and then use the terminal to repair the kernel under the system after the upgrade. (Sudo kextcache-i/) and then put in the correct boot file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 150
I come from Shanghai, China, and my English is not very good. I hope you can understand what I said.

I have the Dell DW1830 which should be compatible according to this article but I haven't had the time to go through the full post-install procedure yet.

It's very important whether you can specify the specific configuration of your machine. The original PM981 SSD on this machine will not be able to install your OS with other hard disks you need to replace, and whether your monitor is 1080 or 4K. I hope I can help you. For your convenience, I made a display.

Attachments

• DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-UHD 630 macOS-Mojave OSInstaller 2.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 160
  • DELL-XPS-15-9570-8750-1080P UHD 630 macOS-Mojave OSInstaller.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 145
I hope it will be helpful to you. Please take a closer look at the steps I wrote on GitHub for details of installation.

At the same time, if there are updates and modifications, I will update to this website after the test is stable. It is convenient to use with my friends who use the same hardware. I also hope that you can deal with hardware devices that are not normally used.

Https://github.com/shenlinsl/DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave

The suitable systems are 10.14.0, 10.14.1, 10.14.2 and 10.14.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back