Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help. I restarted my efforts using the post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-xps-9570-hackintosh-guide.259844/#post-1809710 that I just found.

It looks like we have a very similar hw configuration. Could you share your EFI folder in a zip file?

I'll share my EFI folder with you when I get home.

In the mean time, have you set your SSD to use 4k sectors? If you haven't, you should (although it will wipe your SSD). On the plus side, this is what macOS expects natively, and works with Windows, too.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb.224486/
(steps 1 and 4, specifically).

I'll share my EFI folder with you when I get home.

In the mean time, have you set your SSD to use 4k sectors? If you haven't, you should (although it will wipe your SSD). On the plus side, this is what macOS expects natively, and works with Windows, too.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb.224486/
(steps 1 and 4, specifically).

I took out my SSD to connect it to my MB Pro and initialize the drive using Disk Utility. I put the SSD back inside my Dell XPS.

After an unsuccessful attempt to install macOS HS on it, it looks like I can no longer get Clover to boot on the USB. I now have a black screen and nothing happens afterwards. I might attempt to reinitialize the SSD tomorrow to see if this will resolve the issue. Any suggestion as what could cause this? Man I thought this would be simpler!

Thanks for your help.

I took out my SSD to connect it to my MB Pro and initialize the drive using Disk Utility. I put the SSD back inside my Dell XPS.

After an unsuccessful attempt to install macOS HS on it, it looks like I can no longer get Clover to boot on the USB. I now have a black screen and nothing happens afterwards. I might attempt to reinitialize the SSD tomorrow to see if this will resolve the issue. Any suggestion as what could cause this? Man I thought this would be simpler!

Thanks for your help.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ (screen resolution is missing).

[...] it looks like I can no longer get Clover to boot on the USB.

For some reason, the 9570 won't boot from USB via F12 when there are more than two or three boot options set in the BIOS - I assume it's a bug.

Go to your BIOS (F2), ensure that "Secure Boot Enable" is unchecked, then delete all entries under "Boot Sequence". On reboot, F12, then select your USB boot device.

What you suggested worked but I'm still unable to continue the HS Install process. I've got the error: ERROR_B14B14D987 showing up with a Restart button. I think sharing your EFI folder could help if you were successful in installing HS.

Cheers.

Sorry for the late reply folks. The SMBIOS I provided in my config might be causing issues as it doesn't work by default in earlier versions of High Sierra.

If that's the case, five MacbookPro14,3 smbios a shot.

I've not had much time to work on this but I'm hoping to get native graphics support by using Mojave. As of right now, I get a reboot straight after verbose logs.

Sorry for the late reply folks. The SMBIOS I provided in my config might be causing issues as it doesn't work by default in earlier versions of High Sierra.

If that's the case, five MacbookPro14,3 smbios a shot.

I've not had much time to work on this but I'm hoping to get native graphics support by using Mojave. As of right now, I get a reboot straight after verbose logs.

Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

(required by rules, which you already agreed to).

What you suggested worked but I'm still unable to continue the HS Install process. I've got the error: ERROR_B14B14D987 showing up with a Restart button. I think sharing your EFI folder could help if you were successful in installing HS.
Cheers.

You need to set your SSD to use 4k sectors as I've linked to previously, but you _must_ update your SSD firmware before you do that.

I've attached my EFI folder for your entertainment, but I think you'll need to update your SSD to use 4k sectors first.

Anyway, in order to get Intel graphics acceleration to work, we'll eventually need to start a special EFI shell that's not working for me. I've attached this as EFI-shell.zip. Can you try this out and let me know if you can boot into this shell? Do you get a working command prompt?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 274
  • EFI-shell.zip
    780.1 KB · Views: 158
I replaced the original 1TB NVMe Toshiba XG4 THNSN51T02DUK by a 2TB WD Blue 3D NAND M.2 SATA as my internal SSD. I previously formatted (OSX Extended Journaled) the newly replaced SSD with my Mac and put it back in my Dell XPS laptop. This new SSD is not an NVMe drive. I think by doing this I have a 4k sector drive. Am I right in thinking so?

I will try your set-up sometimes today and do a follow-up.

Thanks for sharing your files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back