Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Omen 15
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
nVidia 965m 4GB
Hello there guys,
I've made a good search but I couldn't find someone asking this. As you can tell, I need help dual booting with W10. I have a HP Omen laptop and it has a 128Gb M.2 SSD with W10 and a 1TB 7200rpm HDD with a Data partition and a RECOVERY partition. I'd like to resize the Data partition and install OSX on the newly created extra space. Also, I'd like to have OSX boot loader installed on the OSX drive and I don't want it to pop up at boot: I want to see it only when I tell the BIOS to boot from the OSX drive (as if it was an external drive). Is this possible?

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    166.1 KB · Views: 145
Not without reformatting the Data drive to GUID partition tables. You would then lose the Win10 recovery partition unless you can clone it and restore it after reformatting.

Not without reformatting the Data drive to GUID partition tables. You would then lose the Win10 recovery partition unless you can clone it and restore it after reformatting.
Hi, thanks for your interest. The drive already is formatted to GUID partition scheme, and i've even created an EFI partition on it...

EFI partition does not show up in your Win10 disk management pic. What you should do is the following:
Boot Win10 and launch disk management tool
Click on Data partition to select it
Click Action->Shrink Volume (shrink the data partition as much space as you want to use for Mac OS)
Select the free space and Click Action->Create simple volume and format NTFS
Shutdown. Insert Unibeast USB in USB port and boot it.
At the Mac OS Install screen select Utilities->Disk Utility and format the new NTFS partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
Exit disk Utility, continue installation, selecting newly created partition on which to install.
When installation is complete, run MultiBeast to install boot loader and needed kexts.

EFI partition does not show up in your Win10 disk management pic. What you should do is the following:
Boot Win10 and launch disk management tool
Click on Data partition to select it
Click Action->Shrink Volume (shrink the data partition as much space as you want to use for Mac OS)
Select the free space and Click Action->Create simple volume and format NTFS
Shutdown. Insert Unibeast USB in USB port and boot it.
At the Mac OS Install screen select Utilities->Disk Utility and format the new NTFS partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
Exit disk Utility, continue installation, selecting newly created partition on which to install.
When installation is complete, run MultiBeast to install boot loader and needed kexts.

That's pretty much what I did, but when I tried to format the newly created partition, I got an error saying there wasn't enough space. I've searched and found a solution on the forum, involving the manual creation of a new EFI partition on the target disk. I did it, installed and booted and then installed bootloader and kexts with Multibeast. Now, W10 boots normally from the SSD, but if I select in BIOS to boot from the HDD, I get a Windows error saying UEFI boot needs to be repaired. So I still need the Sierra USB drive to boot in my newly installed OSX system. Also, I still can't get audio, onboard trackpad and keyboard and wifi working :(

Completely starting from scratch on the HDD would be the easiest path, but you would lose the recovery partition. Suggest you post this in the Laptop Forum - you will bet more expert help there for your laptop problems.

Completely starting from scratch on the HDD would be the easiest path, but you would lose the recovery partition. Suggest you post this in the Laptop Forum - you will bet more expert help there for your laptop problems.
Ok thanks, as soon as I'll have some more free time, I'll try. Thanks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back