Contribute
Register

Will the GT 1030 be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, HDMI audio works. I don't remember if you need VoodooHDA for it.

Thanks. Do you know about over DisplayPort?
Also can I assume you can do dual monitor using DP and HDMI?

I assume it will work, but I only have one monitor and it doesn’t have DP, so I have no way of checking.

Hi, it would be interesting to know how iMovie runs on the gt 1030. Has anyone tried that? I could perhaps be a part of a nice budget editing station?

Hey guys, quick question. I have installed Mac OS X high Sierra on my pc. I also have a GT 1030, the video works, I get full 1080p on my tv but no audio via HDMI. Solutions for that?

Hey guys, quick question. I have installed Mac OS X high Sierra on my pc. I also have a GT 1030, the video works, I get full 1080p on my tv but no audio via HDMI. Solutions for that?
Without being an expert I would try VoodooHDA.

I am now using this card: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC.html#hero-overview

I had the GTX 1050 installed previously with drivers and it was a simple swap, then it worked on first boot. Performance is of course worse than 1050 and the price difference is too small, I think, but the silence is nice!

I am running 1920x1080 over HDMI. Haven't got hardware to the 4k via DP.

Say if I don’t have the drivers yet would I be able to run MacOS using the GT 1030 in order to open safari to then install the drivers? Sorry if this is confusing.

Yes, at least that is what I have experienced. It runs without acceleration and at lower resolution until the drivers have been installed.

yes, my gt 1030 has a bracket for low height slot. sleep also works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back