Contribute
Register

Will the GT 1030 be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get sleep/wake to work properly for some reason. If anyone’s got it working can you tell me what kexts you have and maybe add your config.plist to look at? I’m currently using iMac 14,2 but I’d be willing to switch if something else might work better. Thanks!

I can’t get sleep/wake to work properly for some reason. If anyone’s got it working can you tell me what kexts you have and maybe add your config.plist to look at? I’m currently using iMac 14,2 but I’d be willing to switch if something else might work better. Thanks!

Probably due to Intel® HD Graphics 530

Probably due to Intel® HD Graphics 530
I’m not using HD 530 though, I’m using the gt 1030 and that’s what Sierra picks up for graphics too. So it can’t be that.

No sleep problem, some other have. I would recommend to compare the company of those GT 1030 have sleep/wake up problems. Perhaps they all (i think rare!) have same sleep/wake problem -maybe their BIOS of GPU isnt good for OS X. In the past some BIOS of GPUs made problems...

Good idea! I am currently using an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB card which has sleep/wake problems.
I would be very interested to know whether the GT1030 cards and especially the MSI silent one is doing OK with High Sierra.

On Sierra and with my EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB I can get sleep / wake working only with this (admittedy strange) procedure:
- reboot with both HDMI and DisplayPort cables connected to my Dell P2415Q monitor.
- after reboot is completed I see 3840*2160 res. @30Hz on HDMI and 1920*1080 @ 60Hz on DP
- force Sleep from the Apple menu
- wake works OK
- pull the HDMI cable from the card
- result is: 3840*2160 res. @60Hz on DP

and auto Sleep / Wake works fine after that. This is do-able but I would rather have it working OK maybe with another card (see previous message).

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0
GPU model:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (2047MB) x1
macOS 10.12.4 with Nvidia drivers.

PBL - maybe I missed it. Which brand of video card did you use (EVGA, Gigabyte ...)?

Thanks for sharing.

No, not yet. I set a root password before that, so no rush. But the security update should be fine now with a new driver out from Nvidia.

Edit: the security update seems to have been released again with another build number, so the web driver has to be updated again.

Has anyone used sound out via HMDI or DisplayPort on a 1030?
Excited to find a finless card so checking it will tick all the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back