Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

Found a hint elsewhere where someone said freezing could be network related. This seems to have been the problem. I will report the details later wirh a wirking EFI, it is too late now where I live.

BR,
Karlson.

Last edited:
Hi,

..... It will boot and say "Hello" but will not start setup and then, after a while, it will freeze.

I should maybe mention that I re-enabled ACPI Powermanagement according to this guide.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Karlson..
me too, It will boot and say "Hello" but will not start setup and then repeat again and again.
I gave up on macOS 13.6, finally.
Installing and running macOS 14 release is very well in my case.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks k30812, I am currently investigating further on this issue.

First let me explain why the freezing happened. For everything until Monterey, I patched
Intel82574L.kext in order to find my Intel NIC. It seems that this is broken and I now use
the latest e1000.kext AppleIntel1000e.kext instead, which saved me from freezing.

And in fact Ventura which was installed over Monterey worked pretty well even with OCLP
accelerated RX570. But when I did a fresh install, the above looping of "Hello" happened.
So I used the same config to install Monterey and found out it will happen with Monterey
as well.

During reading all these guide my config has grown quite a lot with various patches and
things I never needed before. So my current step is starting again from my working config
from Monterey to add step by step what minimal seems to be necessary (like CryptexFixup).

Good to know Sonoma will work. Isn't the release tomorrow? That gives me a week to
solve the looping issue :).

BR, K.

So what I know for now:

- when installing Monterey with my Monterey config.plist I can install Ventura as upgrade with
an extended config.plist (now called Ventura config.plist) as the "Hello" setup is not started,
so I simply can login. Extended means adding CryptoFixup kext and some patches as seen,
some boot-args and I need to disable my patch for Intel82574 and use the 1000e.kext instead.

- when I do a fresh install with Ventura config.plist, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma Beta 7 will
do an endless loop of "Hello" setup. k30812 I was not able to to share your success. And yes,
even Monterey "Hello" setup doesn't work then.

- So I stripped down all added changes mentioned above and guess what: the boot-arg option
-amd_no_dgpu_accel was the last thing that was left over and only with that endless "Hello".

So my current hypothesis is that the "Hello" setup app does not like unaccelerated GPU. The option
-radvesa was mentioned in another guide, but does not work for me. I will do some research whether
I can do something else, otherwise I will simply install Monterey with the Monterey config.plist and
update install whatever os I like. Anyhow this is just for curiosity, my Monterey is running pretty well
on my Sandy bridge. Unfortunately latest version of Logic requires a newer OS.

BR, K.

So what I know for now:

- when installing Monterey with my Monterey config.plist I can install Ventura as upgrade with
an extended config.plist (now called Ventura config.plist) as the "Hello" setup is not started,
so I simply can login. Extended means adding CryptoFixup kext and some patches as seen,
some boot-args and I need to disable my patch for Intel82574 and use the 1000e.kext instead.

- when I do a fresh install with Ventura config.plist, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma Beta 7 will
do an endless loop of "Hello" setup. k30812 I was not able to to share your success. And yes,
even Monterey "Hello" setup doesn't work then.

- So I stripped down all added changes mentioned above and guess what: the boot-arg option
-amd_no_dgpu_accel was the last thing that was left over and only with that endless "Hello".

So my current hypothesis is that the "Hello" setup app does not like unaccelerated GPU. The option
-radvesa was mentioned in another guide, but does not work for me. I will do some research whether
I can do something else, otherwise I will simply install Monterey with the Monterey config.plist and
update install whatever os I like. Anyhow this is just for curiosity, my Monterey is running pretty well
on my Sandy bridge. Unfortunately latest version of Logic requires a newer OS.

BR, K.
@karlson12,

Have you tried to use no-gfx-spoof with value of 01000000 under your RX570’s PCI device properties? That should enable the card.
You may also require to add this device-id: FF670000 and also add npci=0x2000 as boot-arg.

Hi @5T33Z0, added AMFI.kext to efi,
Then boots normally
run this in terminal => kextstat -a | grep AMFI
result=>No variant specified, falling back to release
61 0 0xffffff8004654000 0x96000 0x96000 x86_64 com.dhinakg.AMFIPass (1.2.1)
I believe this means AMFI.kext is loaded [Is this Correct]
now
when I Delete boot-arg amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1, it fails to boot

Any Pointers plz

Thank you
Solution -> add -amfipassbeta in boot args

Tx @5T33Z0

Last edited:
Solution -> add -amfipassbeta in boot args
The version of AMFIPass.kext is 1.31, but there is no change in the results of "kextstat -a | grep AMFI".
In Ventura, by adding AMFIPass.kext, the boot args amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 or amfi=0x80 seems to be unnecessary.

The version of AMFIPass.kext is 1.31, but there is no change in the results of "kextstat -a | grep AMFI".
In Ventura, by adding AMFIPass.kext, the boot args amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 or amfi=0x80 seems to be unnecessary.
I agree adding the boot args amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 or amfi=0x80 was of no help, but without -amfipassbeta, it would not boot. The post I quoted above explains this [ it was my query about the machine not booting if I commented out amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1].

Finally, this is what works
Do
- add AMFIPass.kext
- add boot args -amfipassbet
Don't
- Do NOT add boot args amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 or amfi=0x80
Hope it helps

Finally, this is what works
Do
- add AMFIPass.kext
- add boot args -amfipassbet
Don't
- Do NOT add boot args amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 or amfi=0x80
Hope it helps
This was the cause of not being able to update to OpenCore 0.9.5 on HP8200SFF.
Thank you very much.

Hi, can you share the EFI folder to install Ventura / Sonoma on the HP6300? Thanks for your effort!

Back