Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

Hi Asural, yes, BIOS 3.08. I went into BIOS boot order, did nothing and ignored the changes. Now I do get to the USB OpenCore boot menu and I am installing. The system did the first reboot of the installation, so far so good.

Where do I put the opencanopy file to get the graphical boot menu? I have only text now...
Thanks for your assistance :)
I use XCODE for editing config.plist, but please refer to this guide.

I'm not interested in opencanopy so I don't know about it, so why not ask the moderators directly?

I use XCODE for editing config.plist, but please refer to this guide.

I'm not interested in opencanopy so I don't know about it, so why not ask the moderators directly?
Hi Asural....thank a million!!!! Ventura and Sonoma install with your EFI directions!! At last. :)
I can figure out the rest and must check bluetooth dongle and network tomorrow, but at last I can run installers.
Again, thank you.

Please try the attached sample using OpenCore 0.9.5.
Please refer to the basic guide for HP6300/8300 here.The attached ssdt-PM is also attached to the guide.

Set NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->prev-lang:kbd to your preferred language

Write the following information using GenSMBIOS.

PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemProductName = Type: (iMacPro1,1)
PlatformInfo->Generic->MLB = Board Serial:
PlatformInfo->Generic->ROM = Apple ROM:
PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemSerialNumber = Serial:
PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemUUID = SmUUID:

If the installation is successful, make the following corrections and store it in the HDD/SSD EFI.
NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->boot-args = "amfi=0x80"
NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->csr-active-config = <03080000>

After restarting from the HDD/SSD, apply NVRAM RESET and apply OCLP after startup.

In this state, CPU-PM is not valid and requires modification for use with SMBIOS = iMac13,2.
See here for a guide after using OCLP.
I did compare my Config to your Config.

#######################################################
# OC Config Compare #
Current Config: /Users/DDD/Documents/Update OC 0.6.6 to 0.9.5/WIP EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist
OC Sample Config: /Users/DDD/Downloads/EFI from Asurai for HP8300/OC/config.plist

Checking for values missing from User plist:
- Nothing missing from User config!

Checking for values missing from Sample:
config.plist -> Misc -> Serial - Missing Key: Custom

Would you suggest me to check anything else?

I've RX 580 currently running Monterey on OC095 on a different SSD, which is installed on this machine which I'm trying to bring up Sonoma. On this machine it was running Big Sur on OC095 before the Sonoma update failed..

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon RX 580
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 8 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67df
Revision ID: 0x00e7
Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

I've RX 580 currently running Monterey on OC095 on a different SSD, which is installed on this machine which I'm trying to bring up Sonoma. On this machine it was running Big Sur on OC095 before the Sonoma update failed..
See here and here.

Followed the steps and I was able to reinstall Sonoma from Recovery by following the steps. It worked fine except for WiFi.
OCLP applied both graphics and WiFi patch successfully, but my WiFi is still not recognized/working. Anything else I'm missing here?

Followed the steps and I was able to reinstall Sonoma from Recovery by following the steps. It worked fine except for WiFi.
OCLP applied both graphics and WiFi patch successfully, but my WiFi is still not recognized/working. Anything else I'm missing here?
See here for Post Installation after OCLP.

Append:
This guide has been added regarding WiFi.

Last edited:
Upgraded another HP 8300 w/ HD4000 from Monterey to Sonoma 14.1. After re-install from Recover partition, booted up, patched up with OCLP and everything is working on this SFF.
Later Software Update was showing 14.1.1 available. I went ahead and installed. After 4 reboots, booted up and applied the patch again using OCLP, rebooted for a working mac!!
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 3.45.46 PM.jpeg

Upgraded another HP 8300 w/ HD4000 from Monterey to Sonoma 14.1. After re-install from Recover partition, booted up, patched up with OCLP and everything is working on this SFF.
Later Software Update was showing 14.1.1 available. I went ahead and installed. After 4 reboots, booted up and applied the patch again using OCLP, rebooted for a working mac!!
Does this mean that it is possible to update before applying OCLP?

My software update was successful from 14.0 to 14.1, but failed from 14.1 to 14.1.1.
I'm currently installing and testing 14.1.1 again from USB.

Back