Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS x555L
CPU
i5 4210U
Graphics
Intel HD4400 (1366x768)
Hello. I have this problem with my laptop, whenever I put my machine to sleep, after it wakes up, the USB 3.0 ports are not working. Very rarely it's only one of 2 USB 3.0 ports that got disabled, but most of the time both not working after sleep. If there's a USB storage device attached to it before sleep after it wakes it would say that the device is not ejected properly. USB 2.0 is fine it works all the time before / after sleep. Everything else is fine after sleep, Ethernet works, WiFi works, even sound works too (with the help of CodecCommander). Only USB 3.0 ports aren't working after sleep. The only workaround now is to restart my machine to get the ports back to work. This is quite bothering me since of 3 USB ports available, 2 of them is USB 3.0. The issue remains even if I'm running El Capitan or Sierra installation. I have no idea on how to solve this issue.

My machine is an ASUS X555L running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
  • Intel i5 4200u
  • HD Graphics 4400
  • NVIDIA GT 840M (completely disabled through DSDT)
  • Clover EFI
  • SMBIOS MacBook Pro 11,2

p.s. My WiFi card is AR5B195 which is a combo. Though the machine recognizes the Bluetooth, it is not working properly since the start because there's no antenna attached to it (my laptop only got one antenna).

Attachments

• latestDSDT.dsl
    703 KB · Views: 208
Not a guide - Not a desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello. I have this problem with my laptop, whenever I put my machine to sleep, after it wakes up, the USB 3.0 ports are not working. Very rarely it's only one of 2 USB 3.0 ports that got disabled, but most of the time both not working after sleep. If there's a USB storage device attached to it before sleep after it wakes it would say that the device is not ejected properly. USB 2.0 is fine it works all the time before / after sleep. Everything else is fine after sleep, Ethernet works, WiFi works, even sound works too (with the help of CodecCommander). Only USB 3.0 ports aren't working after sleep. The only workaround now is to restart my machine to get the ports back to work. This is quite bothering me since of 3 USB ports available, 2 of them is USB 3.0. The issue remains even if I'm running El Capitan or Sierra installation. I have no idea on how to solve this issue.

My machine is an ASUS X555L running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
  • Intel i5 4200u
  • HD Graphics 4400
  • NVIDIA GT 840M (completely disabled through DSDT)
  • Clover EFI
  • SMBIOS MacBook Pro 11,2

p.s. My WiFi card is AR5B195 which is a combo. Though the machine recognizes the Bluetooth, it is not working properly since the start because there's no antenna attached to it (my laptop only got one antenna).

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here as it is.

Attachments

• ZIP.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
Here as it is.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext is known to cause issues after sleep/wake. Remove. Use BrcmPatchRAM kexts instead.
USB WiFi also known to cause issues (use supported PCIe WiFi instead).

ACPI is not patched correctly (ACPI/patched appears to be very messy). See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext might help... As well as examining what XWAK might be doing in DSDT.

Last edited:
BTFirmwareUploader.kext is known to cause issues after sleep/wake. Remove. Use BrcmPatchRAM kexts instead.
USB WiFi also known to cause issues (use supported PCIe WiFi instead).

ACPI is not patched correctly. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext might help... As well as examining what XWAK might be doing in DSDT.

I used USB WiFi in before, but now I never used it again and I've been using AR5B195 for a while.
For Bluetooth I think I'll discard BTFirmwareUploader.kext since my laptop got only one antenna so it's only attached to one on the WiFi card.

Can you tell me which FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext version to use? Using the latest FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext distorts my graphics.

I used USB WiFi in before, but now I never used it again and I've been using AR5B195 for a while.
For Bluetooth I think I'll discard BTFirmwareUploader.kext since my laptop got only one antenna so it's only attached to one on the WiFi card.

Can you tell me which FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext version to use? Using the latest FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext distorts my graphics.

Use latest FakePCIID. Never mix different versions of the FakePCIID kexts.

Use latest FakePCIID. Never mix different versions of the FakePCIID kexts.

I used all the latest version of FakePCIID kexts but new problem appears, sometimes WiFi can't detect or connect to networks after sleep

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
I used all the latest version of FakePCIID kexts but new problem appears, sometimes WiFi can't detect or connect to networks after sleep

Did you disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back