Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
G750JW
CPU
Intel i7-4700HQ 2.4Ghz
Graphics
GTX 765M
So everything was going on smoothly, until after I installed El Capitan.
First problem: Wifi wasnt working. Second Problem: No sound.
Third problem: I tried to install the kexts in MultiBeast, after I restarted, laptop keyboard and mousepad stopped working. I dont have external mouse or keyboard. I cant log in.
Fourth problem: I cant install WINDOWS 10. THE BOOTABLE USB INSTALLER DOESNT WORK. WHEN I PLUG IT IN AND RESTART, CLOVER BOOTS AND I PICK THE "Run Windows through Legacy" OPTION. It does nothing. Its stuck on a windows 7 logo in front of a white box. I made the USB through Rufus. I already made the partition. Mac OS JOURNALED EXTENDED. (Im UEFI)
Fifth Problem: There is no clover configurator. Where is it? I am really anxious.

Please help me. I really need help and need to fix this quick. Im getting really anxious and im panicking really hard.

i7 4700hq
Gtx 765m
8gb ram
4 usb3.0
UEFI
2 sticks (1 el capitan installer, 1 with windows installer (windows iso made by rufus))

So everything was going on smoothly, until after I installed El Capitan.
First problem: Wifi wasnt working. Second Problem: No sound.
Third problem: I tried to install the kexts in MultiBeast, after I restarted, laptop keyboard and mousepad stopped working. I dont have external mouse or keyboard. I cant log in.
Fourth problem: I cant install WINDOWS 10. THE BOOTABLE USB INSTALLER DOESNT WORK. WHEN I PLUG IT IN AND RESTART, CLOVER BOOTS AND I PICK THE "Run Windows through Legacy" OPTION. It does nothing. Its stuck on a windows 7 logo in front of a white box. I made the USB through Rufus. I already made the partition. Mac OS JOURNALED EXTENDED. (Im UEFI)
Fifth Problem: There is no clover configurator. Where is it? I am really anxious.

Please help me. I really need help and need to fix this quick. Im getting really anxious and im panicking really hard.

i7 4700hq
Gtx 765m
8gb ram
4 usb3.0
UEFI
2 sticks (1 el capitan installer, 1 with windows installer (windows iso made by rufus))

Most of your issues are covered in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And the guide has advice on dual boot, proper Clover setup/etc: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I don't recommend using Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist, but it can easily be found with google.

Most of your issues are covered in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And the guide has advice on dual boot, proper Clover setup/etc: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I don't recommend using Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist, but it can easily be found with google.

How do I install the kext installer when I dont have WiFi and Ethernet and my keyboard and mouse arent working?

How do I install the kext installer when I dont have WiFi and Ethernet and my keyboard and mouse arent working?

If your internal keyboard/mouse are not working, use a USB keyboard/mouse. You could have avoided that problem if you had followed the laptop Clover guide linked in post #2.

To download kexts and such, you will need to use a computer that has access to the internet (such as the Mac you used to download OS X in the first place).

If your internal keyboard/mouse are not working, use a USB keyboard/mouse. You could have avoided that problem if you had followed the laptop Clover guide linked in post #2.

To download kexts and such, you will need to use a computer that has access to the internet (such as the Mac you used to download OS X in the first place).

Right now, Im trying to boot the el capitan installer from the usb so I can wipe the drive and just install windows. But it isnt working at all. It is stuck on 70% of the white apple with the loading bar. Am I screwed? Also, if in some chance I get in the installer, what will I format my hard drive as?

Right now, Im trying to boot the el capitan installer from the usb so I can wipe the drive and just install windows. But it isnt working at all. It is stuck on 70% of the white apple with the loading bar. Am I screwed? Also, if in some chance I get in the installer, what will I format my hard drive as?

I don't know why you're booting the 10.11 installer if you only want to install Windows, but if you are really trying to install 10.11, follow the advice given earlier...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I don't know why you're booting the 10.11 installer if you only want to install Windows, but if you are really trying to install 10.11, follow the advice given earlier...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I want to open up Disk Utility in the installer so I can wipe the drive. And uninstall El Capitan from my hard drive.

The reason Im doing this is because I think I need to prepare more before installing El Capitan and just use Windows 10 ONLY for now, so I can figure it out on my computer. I only have my phone right now.

Is there another way of installing Windows 10?

I want to open up Disk Utility in the installer so I can wipe the drive. And uninstall El Capitan from my hard drive.

The reason Im doing this is because I think I need to prepare more before installing El Capitan and just use Windows 10 ONLY for now, so I can figure it out on my computer. I only have my phone right now.

Is there another way of installing Windows 10?

You can wipe the drive within the Windows 10 installer.

You can wipe the drive within the Windows 10 installer.

Ah okay, thank you a lot for helping me. Sorry if I was being dumb, it's my fault that problems like this happened.

But how do I boot the Windows 10 installer? This is how I made my Windows 10 USB.

1.) Get 8GB flash drive
2.) Download the Windows ISO from the Media Creation Tool.
3.) Get Rufus
4.) Format the USB with the ISO using Rufus. (NTFS)
5.) I plug the USB in, restart, I boot into Clover.
6.) I see "Launch Windows from Legacy" in an External Drive option.
7.) When I pick that, all I get is a windows logo with a white screen behind it.

Please help me on this part.

Ah okay, thank you a lot for helping me. Sorry if I was being dumb, it's my fault that problems like this happened.

But how do I boot the Windows 10 installer? This is how I made my Windows 10 USB.

1.) Get 8GB flash drive
2.) Download the Windows ISO from the Media Creation Tool.
3.) Get Rufus
4.) Format the USB with the ISO using Rufus. (NTFS)
5.) I plug the USB in, restart, I boot into Clover.
6.) I see "Launch Windows from Legacy" in an External Drive option.
7.) When I pick that, all I get is a windows logo with a white screen behind it.

Please help me on this part.

No need for Rufus or any other software.
Format a USB drive as FAT32.
Mount the ISO in Windows Explorer (double click on it in Win8+).
Copy the entire ISO contents to the root of the USB drive.
Install in UEFI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back