ASUS Z270-A PRIME
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey People!

After lots of research and thinking if I should upgrade I made the choice that I have to, as Sketch (vector design app) stopped support for older versions and I had no other choice other than start the upgrade.

I did follow this guide precisely, and all went well with downloading the upgrade from app store, starting the initial install in Sierra and then rebooting. But that is where I hit a bump and could not proceed any further. My install looked like it was going well until it stopped at the message: kextd stall[1], (240s): `AppleACPICPU`

I have tried the following to debug this, unfortunately with no luck
  • Boot using dart=0 -v nv_disable=1
  • Boot hackintosh without GPU
  • Added kext inject into clover config and fakesmc in "other" folder
  • Boot with intel HD graphics only
  • Boot with Wifi Card disconnected
  • Boot with Wifi and GPU disconnected
All of these ended up in the same result. Did add some images so I hope you can give me some advice!!

Attachments

• 2018-11-29 10.43.01.jpg
    2018-11-29 10.43.01.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 2018-11-29 10.42.49.jpg
    2018-11-29 10.42.49.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 104
Serial.png

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

No point in running Mojave until Nvidia release web drivers for your graphics card.

Reactions: Rux
Perfect! Thank you for the fast reply, I will try this out when I get back home. :)
And thanks for the heads up about the nvidia drivers!! I didn't know they weren't updated yet.

View attachment 368761
Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

No point in running Mojave until Nvidia release web drivers for your graphics card.
Just got home and tried your suggestion but unfortunately I get stuck still at kextd stall AppleACPICPU :/ any suggestions what I can try?
8AAB5D04-03D4-4D6F-A38F-6C1E46F06CE1.jpeg

Just got home and tried your suggestion but unfortunately I get stuck still at kextd stall AppleACPICPU :/ any suggestions what I can try?
You should disconnect all other drives than the one that you are installing to.
ACPI errors are usually the product of incorrect selections in the config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back