Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey there. I followed Ammulder's guide to get my system running on ElCap, but now after upgrading to 10.12.1 I'm facing this no-WiFi issue. I don't even have the above kext installed on my system and never did. For my Broadcom card, I had BrcmFirmwareStore (2.2.2) and BrcmPatchRAM2 (2.2.2) installed. How am I meant to proceed?

EDIT: I have resolved my issues:

1. WiFi. Needed to patch AirPortBrcm4360 as mentioned in this thread (thought this was a kext I needed to supply, it is not). Also installed the latest FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext as per the first post here, which is needed when upgrading to 10.12.1.
  2. Graphics. Couldn't get the latest Nvidia graphics to stick for my 970, it'd keep reverting to OS X default. Fixed by following this guide (latest clover as of late November has Inject Nvidia Web under "System Parameters").
  3. Sound. Followed the instructions in this post (which links to here). Downloaded Multibeast for Sierra, installed ALC1150. Did not update CodecCommander, still using 2.4.0.
Sleep from wake working, sound after sleep working, iMessage working, triple monitors working.

Will report back on whether the upgrade to Sierra has resolved any of my long standing issues here.

just upgraded and got no wifi.

1. - i am still stuck at this. how did you patch when it is not in the config.plist? I am missing something again
2 - using hd530 graphics so i will need to refer to others
3. - i got this to work but then after reboot, sound disappeared. maybe because i tried to add the most recent usbinjectall

just upgraded and got no wifi.

1. - i am still stuck at this. how did you patch when it is not in the config.plist? I am missing something again
2 - using hd530 graphics so i will need to refer to others
3. - i got this to work but then after reboot, sound disappeared. maybe because i tried to add the most recent usbinjectall

In addition to the steps I took below, I also placed "USBInjectAll.kext" in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10, 10.11, and Other. I also placed the FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BcrmPatchRAM2.kext, and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. To get wifi to work
  1. Copy the following files from your postinstall directory to the EFI partition:
    • Any SSDTs to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
    • config.plist to EFI/CLOVER/config.plist -- this file has a grab bag of fixes in it, including an audio fix, HDMI fixes, a Bluetooth fix, an integrated graphics fix, and a USB tweak.
  2. Copy USBInjectAll.kext from your postinstall directory to the Desktop.
  3. If using the suggested wireless card above, extract these four kexts:
    • Unzip RehabMan-FakePCIID.zip and copy FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from the Release/ directory to the Desktop
    • Unzip RehabMan-BrcmPatchRam.zip and copy BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from the Release/ directory to the Desktop
  4. Unzip the KextBeast application you copied from the postinstall directory of the USB stick earlier. Run the resulting application, and select /Library/Extensions as the install location when prompted.
  5. After KextBeast finishes, delete the kext(s) from the Desktop

hi! I'm having a Kernel Panic on boot after a crash.

I was having ethernet lockups (trying to transfer files from a mac over ethernet) and when I hot plugged ethernet cord the system had a hard reset, which is leading to this KP.

Two things I need to do:

Disable / remove the KP
Can I do this in clover boot somehow? Disable a specific driver / kext? How should I do this?

Find a more reliable Ethernet situation
I have not tried getting the Wifi fix into this build yet. Happy to avoid ethernet completely. But is there a more stable Ethernet driver?

I did the whole install with the latest guide for Sierra (10.12.2) using Multibeast.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 220
guys i just installed sierra by putting fakesmc and usbinjectall files into other folder. fixed the hd530 glitch problem thanks to the earlier post!
do i have to run multibeast or any other step that i have to take?

hi! I'm having a Kernel Panic on boot after a crash.

Do the below:

The AppleIGB.kext is causing the kernel panic.

Boot into Safe Mode and delete the AppleIGB.kext from /Library/Extensions

Your mobo has two ethernet ports (i219-V, i211AT).

Install the IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0 driver from MultiBeast to enable the Intel i219-V port and use that one instead.

guys i just installed sierra by putting fakesmc and usbinjectall files into other folder. fixed the hd530 glitch problem thanks to the earlier post!
do i have to run multibeast or any other step that i have to take?

Depends on how your system is now.

If you don't have any other issues like missing sound etc, then no need. But most users don't have sound after install so yes use mutibeast Fix

Hi all.
I lost my mind trying to install Sierra on my system.
I have the h-170-n wifi with I7 6700.. very basic..I can go through the installation of Sierra but lose it when trying to install sound and wifi/ bt kexts.
can somebody please help me with sharing the Plist of such a system and guide me through the process ?

Hi all.
I lost my mind trying to install Sierra on my system.
I have the h-170-n wifi with I7 6700.. very basic..I can go through the installation of Sierra but lose it when trying to install sound and wifi/ bt kexts.
can somebody please help me with sharing the Plist of such a system and guide me through the process ?

what hardware do you have exactly?

wich wifi bluetooth card?
gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back