Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that rx 480 working for you? I am deciding between a gtx 959/960 El Capitan build or a Rx 480 Sierra build. Any of you other fellas with any input on this matter would also be greatly appreciated! :)
To be honest I am not so sure just yet.
I am waiting for a big 4k video editing project to see how the system works and deal with such a task.
Sleep is working just fine for me and everything is running smoothly and in normal Temps although i have a very small case.
I will keep the community updated next month as i am going for a shooting in Morocco which than i will have to edit when i am back.

Thank you! I guess (from what I've read sofar) that you need to set the bios of the board to internal GPU? Do you need to swap cables when you boot your rig?

Intel bluetooth in this motherboard work:
intel_bluetooth.jpg
intel_bluetooth1.jpg
intel_bluetooth2.jpg

WiFi not work.

This is my setup:
  • H170N WIFI (rev 1.0)
  • BIOS F3
  • Core i3-6100
  • Corsair 2x 4 GB DDR4-2133
  • GeForce GTX 750 Ti
  • Plextor 128GB SSD M2.2280
  • Stock Intel wireless card
P.S. Sierra 10.12.3

Last edited:
stock wireless card will not work. you may want to replace with below.

• Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
Stock bluetooth work. I do not need WiFi.

Hey everyone! Wow - so much activity here! Sorry for not posting any updates after my initial post... I decided to revert to El Capitan until Sierra was more stable on this build.

Just wanted to let y'all know that I updated my original post with some fixes for WiFi/Bluetooth after updating to 10.12.1+ along with a fix for the HD 530 graphics glitches. Seems like there's still no fix for waking the computer from sleep whiling using the integrated HD 530 graphics.

Looks like there's lots of confusion when it comes to the sleep/wake issue. This does not, and has never, been an issue with a dedicated GPU. This is ONLY an issue if you're using the motherboard's integrated HD 530 graphics. Hope this clears that up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a fix for this and will update my original post if I find one.

I have read a lot about the USB issues and the H170N mobo, also I know it is possible to use .aml file to get around these problems. However it is not clear for me what the best approach is.
My machine works with the InjectAll kext alone, my machine works with only the usb.....aml fix. It works with injectAll kext and .aml together.

So my question is: what is the best approach, wich way to go? Should I use only the injectall kext? Only the .aml?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back