Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to get wake from sleep working on this MB? Mine wakes but the monitor is blank(no signal). Using system defition iMac 14.2

Anyone tried the new F20 Kabylake compatible BIOS?

I was asking if anyone has tried the BIOS not the CPU.

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360

Hey there. I followed Ammulder's guide to get my system running on ElCap, but now after upgrading to 10.12.1 I'm facing this no-WiFi issue. I don't even have the above kext installed on my system and never did. For my Broadcom card, I had BrcmFirmwareStore (2.2.2) and BrcmPatchRAM2 (2.2.2) installed. How am I meant to proceed?

EDIT: I have resolved my issues:

1. WiFi. Needed to patch AirPortBrcm4360 as mentioned in this thread (thought this was a kext I needed to supply, it is not). Also installed the latest FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext as per the first post here, which is needed when upgrading to 10.12.1.
  2. Graphics. Couldn't get the latest Nvidia graphics to stick for my 970, it'd keep reverting to OS X default. Fixed by following this guide (latest clover as of late November has Inject Nvidia Web under "System Parameters").
  3. Sound. Followed the instructions in this post (which links to here). Downloaded Multibeast for Sierra, installed ALC1150. Did not update CodecCommander, still using 2.4.0.
Sleep from wake working, sound after sleep working, iMessage working, triple monitors working.

Will report back on whether the upgrade to Sierra has resolved any of my long standing issues here.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello, I have created new thread for Sierra 12.1 update, where I have consolidated all updates across this thread, as by this short time a lot changed.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lake-ga-h170n-wifi-hd530.208471/#post-1380472

Hope it will be helpful for those who upgrade.
  • @ccannon0 did you managed to get handoff working? In my case it was iCloud issue
Update: so handoff is not working for me, icon shows but data are not transmitted.

I did not. Any luck?

Please post in new thread, handoff is not currently working.

I have and regret it, you can't go back either

Crap. I updated my bios first thing before building with this setup and am stuck with it. I successfully installed Sierra but can't seem to get back after Multibeast with lots of kernel panics. Not sure what's causing it but I'm hoping it's not this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back