Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@techgeec so you're running with a skylake and without gpu with no graphical flickering and issue? Did you installed the HD 530 driver from multibeast?
Installing 530 driver from multibeast cause a kernel panic in my hackintosh, and without it i'm having huge graphical glitches...

guys. what system should i set my mac as if i have a gtx 970 and an i7-6700? should i want to update to sierra of course. planning ahead of time to make sure i'm set to update. i WAS planning on building el capitan and keeping it for a year or two with cap. but not sure if i should go straight on thru to sierra. any opinions?

Go right to sierra, no point in running an old OS if your going to be loading from scratch anyways.

there are some AU plugins and such that aren't fully supported in os sierra. will 14,2 be fine on el capitan as well and make it so I can just upgrade using this guide later? I think i will hold off until a few compatibility issues are resolved but want to be prepared for an imminent upgrade.

Load el cap if you want but use the 14,2 system profile from the start to avoid lots of headaches later.

This thread is a deviation from ammulder's guide - El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI - focussing only on installing Sierra on this build.

Updating to MacOS 10.12 went smoothly by following tonymacx86's Direct Update Guide. After the update most things worked properly, including audio (with AppleALC.kext), iMessage, and Bluetooth. WiFi didn't work but was fixed using the steps below. Using the integrated HD530 graphics, there are some issues that are listed below... still no fix that I can find.

I'll update this thread with any new fixes I come across. This is a popular (and fantastic!) build, so let's get this thread going with problems we encounter when updating to or once running Sierra and any fixes we can find.
51p4jRz4xQL._SX425_.jpg

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
_
KNOWN ISSUES WITH FIXES

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
- No Audio with RealtekALC.kext

Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.
- Dual Monitors Not Working w/ HD530 Graphics

Downgrade Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.​

_
KNOWN ISSUES WITHOUT FIXES

- Graphical artifacts on the menu bar and sleep problems with HD530 integrated graphics
This thread is a deviation from ammulder's guide - El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI - focussing only on installing Sierra on this build.

Updating to MacOS 10.12 went smoothly by following tonymacx86's Direct Update Guide. After the update most things worked properly, including audio (with AppleALC.kext), iMessage, and Bluetooth. WiFi didn't work but was fixed using the steps below. Using the integrated HD530 graphics, there are some issues that are listed below... still no fix that I can find.

I'll update this thread with any new fixes I come across. This is a popular (and fantastic!) build, so let's get this thread going with problems we encounter when updating to or once running Sierra and any fixes we can find.
51p4jRz4xQL._SX425_.jpg

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
_
KNOWN ISSUES WITH FIXES

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
- No Audio with RealtekALC.kext

Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.
- Dual Monitors Not Working w/ HD530 Graphics

Downgrade Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.​

_
KNOWN ISSUES WITHOUT FIXES

- Graphical artifacts on the menu bar and sleep problems with HD530 integrated graphics
I have had reasonable luck with this, I replaced the WiFi with (
Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps
) - I bought 2 from Amazon, it seems to be the proper chip. I am relatively new to Hackintosh, but, have plenty of experience building PCs, read the posts that seem to be relevant for updating/patching kexts and using Clover - but, for some reason, I can't get it in my head how to do these patches/updates for the WiFi and Audio. For example, I'm pretty sure I do the updates/patches after installing Sierra on my Mini, but I don't know. Does anyone have time to post how to do this, step by step? Treat me as if I have absolutely no clue (which is probably closer to the truth than I'd like to think!)
Thanks

I have had reasonable luck with this, I replaced the WiFi with (
Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps
) - I bought 2 from Amazon, it seems to be the proper chip. I am relatively new to Hackintosh, but, have plenty of experience building PCs, read the posts that seem to be relevant for updating/patching kexts and using Clover - but, for some reason, I can't get it in my head how to do these patches/updates for the WiFi and Audio. For example, I'm pretty sure I do the updates/patches after installing Sierra on my Mini, but I don't know. Does anyone have time to post how to do this, step by step? Treat me as if I have absolutely no clue (which is probably closer to the truth than I'd like to think!)
Thanks
Update: I've tried both before and after installing, can't seem to get it to work

I can't find Clover_v2.3k_r3726, does Clover_v2.3k_r3811 (or any other version) solve the dual monitor problem?

Hey mate, thinking about going for this MB + Broadcom card but after seeing your trouble, I might reconsider :/ good luck thou brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back