Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill check it out.

I'm reading that the Pixel Clock Patch is not working in Sierra. Does anyone know a workaround? If that's the case, I'm going to hold off on Sierra until it is resolved.

This thread helped me with the no audio issue and WiFi, thanks.
However, I have another issue. iMessage works, audio works, bluetooth works, WiFi works but Handoff stopped working. With El Capitan, handoff was working 95% of the time but now it seems that it wants to work because the icons will show on the Hackintosh, iPhone, and iPad, but when it tries to open the page/maps/notes it doesn't connect and sometimes it will say that handoff could not be completed.
Any ideas why it stopped working?

I'm using GA-Z170N-WIFI, i7-6700k, EVGA GTX 970.

No more wake after sleep...
Everything else is ok

Step 2 of the Direct Update guide mentions this:
2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

What "other extra necessary kexts" did you have to use prior to installation? I'm guessing AppleALC.kext

Everything works for me except for Apple Watch unlock, I enable it and when I wake the Mac from sleep it tries to auto unlock but after 5 seconds it fails and asks for the password.

As far as 'other' kexts, I just referred to the original guide and used updated versions of those.

As far as 'other' kexts, I just referred to the original guide and used updated versions of those.

So:
FakeSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
BcrmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
AppleALC.kext

Does this look like the list of kexts I need to put into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/? Thanks.

Hey there. I got this fixed by downgrading the Clover Bootloader, which seems to be causing this issue. I believe I went down to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.
Where can I find Clover_v2.3k_r3726.zip?its not available from source forge

So:
FakeSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
BcrmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
AppleALC.kext

Does this look like the list of kexts I need to put into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/? Thanks.

thats what I did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back