Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also report a successful install of 10.12.4 with full working WIFI, BT, Sound & 4K 60 hz on Displayport with my GTX 1050 Ti.

Thanks to everyone here.

My config:
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SATA SSD
  • ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB with full working Displayport 60hz 4K connected
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
Do u have working Appstore or not? what do you set as smbios? mine has i3 6100
And....do u have audio through HDMI on your 1050 ti?

Last edited:
Looks like there's lots of confusion when it comes to the sleep/wake issue. This does not, and has never, been an issue with a dedicated GPU. This is ONLY an issue if you're using the motherboard's integrated HD 530 graphics. Hope this clears that up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a fix for this and will update my original post if I find one.

Hi everyone.
I built my first hackintosh this month and after MANY hours (iMessage, phewwww) and thanks to all the precious information here (so thankful!), I managed to make it work with Sierra (+ dual boot on Windows 10)

The remaining issues
- no wifi (I don't need it - I won't buy the PCI card, and stay with Ethernet)
- after sleep, when I wake up the video signal is unstable (screen becomes crazy and I need to reboot).

However I am NOT using the integrated HD530 graphic but a dedicated GPU (EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC) with HDMI plugged on it. So I am not sure that the problem is limited to integrated graphics.

I even tried to disable the long sleep but still have the problem.

Anyone update to 10.12.5?
Any issue?

-----------------------update
did update directly from appstore
1st boot, got nvidia driver not compatible, need update, update to latest driver and restart
2nd boot, everything back to normal (as far as i know)

Last edited:
However I am NOT using the integrated HD530 graphic but a dedicated GPU (EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC) with HDMI plugged on it. So I am not sure that the problem is limited to integrated graphics.

I'm having the exact same issue - I have a GA-Z170X-UD3 and a GTX 1060 6GB too.... the graphics goes all screwy upon sleep and wake :( Completely disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS.

Last edited:
Anyone update to 10.12.5?
Any issue?

-----------------------update
did update directly from appstore
1st boot, got nvidia driver not compatible, need update, update to latest driver and restart
2nd boot, everything back to normal (as far as i know)
So it looks like if you're using an nVidia card you just need to update your drivers. If you're using integrated graphics (like I am - HD 530), you'll run into a kernel panic at boot after updating from the App Store.

I posted a fix in the first post of this thread titled Kernel panic after 10.12.5 update (freezes at boot). Credit for the fix goes to ****** user u/corpnewt.
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.23.38 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Fixed, thx!

Last edited:
Started making the switch from Chrome to Safari and noticed that videos on Twitter wouldn't load and I wasn't able to stream the recent WWDC keynote within Safari. Videos in the Twitter app also have never loaded for me but I didn't consider these two issues were related -- indeed they were.

I posted a fix in the first post of this thread titled Videos in Twitter.app and Safari not loading. This fix is confirmed working with Safari v10.1.1.

Last edited:
I have a little issue with wd elements portable, when connecting it to usb 3.0 port, it is not recognizable , only when connecting it usb2 port it is working.
Any Idea?

I have a little issue with wd elements portable, when connecting it to usb 3.0 port, it is not recognizable , only when connecting it usb2 port it is working.
Any Idea?

Same problem here. All USB ports works for USB2 devices, or when using USB3 devices with USB2 cable, but the USB3 devices are not working (Ex: an HD enclosure USB3 will not mount).

One error I did was initially, my Multibeast install did not included checking the box of the "Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series". So I did install it on top, without success. I have also tried a bunch of things documented in this thread without success. I probably think the answer is somewhere buried in this 27 pages this thread has become but can you please help me?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back