Contribute
Register

Unibeast High Sierra won't install bootloader. (running from catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
Hey all,

Looking for a fix to an annoying problem that I just can't seem to figure out. I have SIP disabled and have already followed all steps for troubleshooting. I have also tried multiple disks. For some reason, it just won't work. Please Help! I have attached the log below.

07/03/22 11:44:30 - Starting UniBeast 8.4.0-2
07/03/22 11:44:49 - Copying Files...
07/03/22 11:50:30 - Installing Bootloader...
07/03/22 11:50:42 - installer: Package name is Clover r5107 tonymacx86 UEFI UniBeast
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_r5107-UEFI-UB.pkg”.)
err
07/03/22 11:50:42 - installer --- installer: Package name is Clover r5107 tonymacx86 UEFI UniBeast
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_r5107-UEFI-UB.pkg”.)
err --- Couldn't install Bootloader

I have a few sticks lying around that i’ve been trying, all of varying sizes between 8gb and 32gb.

Okay. :thumbup:

Well 8GB is no good as no EFI partition is created when you format as GUID. 16 should be fine.

Check how you are preparing the USB stick for UniBeast to use.

:)

Hey All,

Thank you for your helpful replies. I have tried buying another new drive and still it gives me the same error. I also updated my hardware specs for the mac I'm using to create the disk. When formatting my disk, I use the disk utility, click on my drive, click erase, and enter these details-- Name: USB. Format: MacOS Extended (Journaled). Scheme: GUID Partition Map. I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting, like restarting, deleting and re-downloading it, different drives, but still it just won't work. I want to get it to work on this mac since it's the only one I have, I just can't seem to figure out what the problem could be.

Screenshot 2022-07-04 at 05.31.05.png

Everything seems to be pointing to this.

Your host is running Catalina and the error is a failure to install Clover :

An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_r5107-UEFI-UB.pkg”.)
err --- Couldn't install Bootloader

View attachment 550594

Everything seems to be pointing to this.

Your host is running Catalina and the error is a failure to install Clover :
I know it may seem that way, but just to verify,

Massimo-Air:~ massimo$ csrutil status

System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

Massimo-Air:~ massimo$

No more ideas.

Well your problem does seem unusual if you are using a real MacBook Air to create a UniBeast installer.

Have you actually checked the UniBeast USB stick to see if you can mount the EFI partition on there?

It might be that the EFI has been created and the drive made bootable but something in the closing-stages of the script causes the error-message.

Just a thought. Otherwise you seem to be doing everything correctly.

As we can't actually see what's happening, remotely, there must be something happening causing this problem, because the method does work and has done for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back