Contribute
Register

Unibeast High Sierra won't install bootloader. (running from catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Apple MacBook Air Mid-2013
CPU
i7 > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

Looking for a fix to an annoying problem that I just can't seem to figure out. I have SIP disabled and have already followed all steps for troubleshooting. I have also tried multiple disks. For some reason, it just won't work. Please Help! I have attached the log below.

07/03/22 11:44:30 - Starting UniBeast 8.4.0-2
07/03/22 11:44:49 - Copying Files...
07/03/22 11:50:30 - Installing Bootloader...
07/03/22 11:50:42 - installer: Package name is Clover r5107 tonymacx86 UEFI UniBeast
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_r5107-UEFI-UB.pkg”.)
err
07/03/22 11:50:42 - installer --- installer: Package name is Clover r5107 tonymacx86 UEFI UniBeast
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_r5107-UEFI-UB.pkg”.)
err --- Couldn't install Bootloader

please read my post

This is the most common cause of failure :

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 17.20.29.png

Hi there.

Probably not relevant but, are you installing to USB stick or some other device? If a USB stick, what size is it?

:)
I have a few sticks lying around that i’ve been trying, all of varying sizes between 8gb and 32gb.

The next likely cause of failure would be incorrect formatting of the flash drive.

I formatted the drives based off of what it said to do in the article. Could it be that the drives I have are no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back