Contribute
Register

Unable to install Mojave on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, would unibeast create the install disk under Mojave...? You might have more luck with alternative methods

I know you are getting
I am using a Macbook Pro to create the installer (with macOS Mojave)... I tried with a USB HDD and USB stick and I get the same result... It looks like no partition is created so I cannot get the UEFI... I tried another tutorial from another site and it works well (the bootloader), so maybe something's wrong with the unibeast. However, I'll try tonight with another USB HDD
  • I know you are getting conflicting suggestions about the USB Disks chosen to create macOS Installers.
  • A larger USB disk like a Storage Disk (External Hard disk) has NO SPECIAL features to make them more suitable as a USB Installer Disk than the 16GB Flash drives which are cheaper and fit to do the job the vast majority of Hackintoshers for years have been using successfully.
  • I agree that some flash drives , even within famous brand names, can occasionally have a batch with manufacturing defects in their construction that can result in unexpected outcome when used with approved methods.
  • This is a diagnosis of exclusion; if all the steps are meticulously followed in creating a Bootable installer disk and still facing the same problem booting with that disk or installing successfully with that and Computer hardware and BIOS setup have been exonerated from being responsible for this bad outcome, one can conclude it might be the Flash disk that is the problem.
  • Under that circumstance, it is reasonable to use a different Flash drive (16GB) or even from a more reliable brand.
  • If Unibeast method has been unsuccessful( because of some file corruption during download of the software?), you can use CreateInstallMedia command using the Terminal followed by manual Installation of CLOVER (from RehabMan RehabMan / Clover — Bitbuckethttps://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover in my experience best suited) to create a USB Installer disk is a good approach.
    • Erase the disk (=GUID Partition and Format HFS+J)

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/UNTITLED && echo Mojave Drive Created(see image)
  • Once installation is finished, run RehabMan CLOVER on that disk to give it the required Bootloader and drivers and cogfig.plist needed for reaching its destination to Erase the Hard disk and start the installation on the target Hard disk.
  • The above CLOVER installation involves not only just running it but also rechecking the various parts of installed CLOVER to assure you have everything properly made for YOUR OWN CHOSEN HARDWARE and MacOS Version (I admit this is my own way to make sure I won't have to troubleshoot over and over again for missed steps):
  • Check the Contents of CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other to make sure you have all the needed drives/kexts
  • Open config.plist using Clover Configurator and check each of the SECTIONS to make sure they are all set properly to boot your Intel HD Graphics 630.
    • Read earlier threads about what are needed in each of CLOVER folders and config.plist.
      • The last minute editing from CBM screen ( of Boot Args, GraphicsInjector -> etc) are actually salvage operations for missing these steps during CLOVER installation that should have been prevented.

Attachments

• 1.DU Partition and Format.png
    1.DU Partition and Format.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 106
have you checked the boot option in the UEFI ? I know because of my motherboard, that Asrock have some problems with clover boot loader. After the install of macos I followed this guide for : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-uefi-boot-fix.174726/. maybe try to install clover in legacy mode, so you have no compatibility issues.

same problem for me.

the reason is the Tonymacx86 mojave installation guide not good.

when created the boot USB. Go to Disk Utility, click View, Click Show all Devices.

click your usb, click erase, make sure the Scheme choose to GUID Partition Map.

the default is Master Boot Record which is useless for a PC.

However even it boot for me, i can choose the installation, it just crash. I think the Unibeast 9.0.0 is too bugy. Almost useless.
Maybe all of the tonymacx86 delevoper using Nvidea graphic card. They all are on hold with High Sierra. So no real development and no bugs fixed.

Last edited:
@topstarnec, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back