ASROCK Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6 Socket 2066
CPU:
Intel CoreX i7-7740X 4.3 GHz
Graphics:
NVIDIA GTX1080 6GB
Other Hardware:
Memory : DDR4 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX Black 3200Mhz C16
HDD : SSD 500GB M.2 SATA WESTERN DIGITAL Blue 3D

Since yesterday, I am trying to install a dual boot in my computer using the 10.14 Installation Guide. Despite I followed all instructions with Unibeat, the USB key is unable to boot on the system and I get the following error message : error loading operating system.

I was searching a lot of time severals workaround, but I wonder if my setup is compatible with MacOS. Could you please help me on this ? Many thanks comunity !

Try to boot with the intel hd

Ok I will try tonight and let you know, but I don't think the graphic card is the problem, because it's just in the beginning.. I am not even able to boot on the USB key... Another thing, I tried to boot with a External HDD USB 3.0, with a volume created specially for that (32GB in MacOS Extended format). I will try tonight with a USB 2.0 32Gb and will post the result

Ok I will try tonight and let you know, but I don't think the graphic card is the problem, because it's just in the beginning.. I am not even able to boot on the USB key... Another thing, I tried to boot with a External HDD USB 3.0, with a volume created specially for that (32GB in MacOS Extended format). I will try tonight with a USB 2.0 32Gb and will post the result
  • You are right in that the On Screen Display "Error loading Operating System" is not directly related to your Graphics. It just means there is No disk with any OS the BIOS can hand over control for the onward journey to Clover Boot Manager Screen .

• Even if you fix this error , as others have pointed out, you won't be able to install and run MOJAVE on your hardware with PCIE Graphics Nvidia GTX 1080 as it has no Web driver released because of some sort of tussle between Nvidia and Apple and its ultimate fate is still hanging in the balance.

• Then what is the cause of this error?

• Assuming you have made a perfectly working Mojave UEFI USB Installer Flash disk, the problem may then be on your BIOS setup.

• In BIOS if you have not ENABLED all the required USB controllers or if you have not made the USB Installer Disk as First Boot device or let other disks (real and Phantom disks) in the Boot Options Priorities, the properly created USB Installer disk will not appear in the Boot Menu and the BIOS will throw the age old "Non-system disk error" or "Error loading Operating System"

My suggestion:
  • Recheck BIOS options and correct if problem seen.
  • If no problem found, create another Installer Disk either using Unibeast Method or using CreateInstallMedia command on the Terminal of a Mac or working Hack using a 16GB Flash disk of known good quality.
  • Since your CPU has no Integrated Graphics, you need to get a PCIE Graphics card that works in Mojave.
  • In Nvidia Graphics, some 7 series work OOB (Nvidia Geforce GT 710, I know, works without any Config.plist editing) or current AMD Graphics( I have not personally tried any to suggest) you can find out by checking this Forum.

It doesn’t work, I see the USB to boot in, set to boot first, but now I have another message : missing operating system... I know how to make an usb boot work, but it looks like the UEFI installed on the usb doesn’t work anyway (I have already made work any other system booting on usb before)
Now I am gonna try with the macOS High Sierra starting from scratch. Post the result later

I have the same problem with High Sierra installation.... :’( If someone have a solution please

I have the same problem with High Sierra installation.... :’( If someone have a solution please
You must create an Installer disk in a Real Mac or working Hackintosh. Only such methods will get support in this Forum.

I would suggest using a USB HDD, like an old WD passport or something like that. Partition the disk with a 16 Gig or less HFS partition, so that Unibeast recognizes it and creates the installer. It is a lot easier than a USB stick even with EFI boot.

I spent hours wasted trying to make my MOBO boot with a USB stick with EFI, and it is so very picky. The USB HDD works 10 out of 10!

You must create an Installer disk in a Real Mac or working Hackintosh. Only such methods will get support in this Forum.
I am using a Macbook Pro to create the installer (with macOS Mojave)... I tried with a USB HDD and USB stick and I get the same result... It looks like no partition is created so I cannot get the UEFI... I tried another tutorial from another site and it works well (the bootloader), so maybe something's wrong with the unibeast. However, I'll try tonight with another USB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back