Contribute
Register

Unable to get full video acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try lowering screen resolution and/or refresh rate and see if wake works.
No luck on either of those, thanks for the idea though.

I read some posts suggesting it could be related to DSDT. I will see if I can see what your DSDT looks like in the EFI.zip you posted earlier in this thread to see if I spot anything.

I read some posts suggesting it could be related to DSDT. I will see if I can see what your DSDT looks like in the EFI.zip you posted earlier in this thread to see if I spot anything.

Forgive me asking, but what makes you think editing DSDT will help with onboard graphics?

I didn't know our motherboard needed such a drastic mod. A couple of patches, yes. Did our friend @pastrychef actually upload a DSDT? I'd need to check it out.

:crazy:

Please try enabling VNC and see if you can connect to the system remotely after a wake attempt. If you can, it's probably an HDMI issue.

Forgive me asking, but what makes you think editing DSDT will help with onboard graphics?

I didn't know our motherboard needed such a drastic mod. A couple of patches, yes. Did our friend @pastrychef actually upload a DSDT? I'd need to check it out.

:crazy:
To be honest, that just seems to be the top suggestion. Check DSDT, and to check USB mappings.

My current configuration has the problem where you can't "wake" from display off, or screensaver. What is interesting is that screensaver never actually kicks in, it just freezes the display.

To be honest, that just seems to be the top suggestion. Check DSDT, and to check USB mappings.

Ah, now USB mapping I have a bit of experience with. Won't affect iGPU though...

Please try enabling VNC and see if you can connect to the system remotely after a wake attempt. If you can, it's probably an HDMI issue.
I can enter via VNC and use the system. Nothing I do from within VNC re-establishes the output to the monitor.

What does that affect, out of curiosity?

For the Z390M Gaming motherboard we have all Intel USB ports. When you combine the USB2, USB3.1 Gen 1 and USB3.1 Gen 2 options you are way over the Intel controller limit of 15 ports, as defined by Apple. So we "map" the ports to work as we need them to while staying within Apple's arbitrary limit. For example if you use a wireless/BT PCIe card you will need to allocate an internal USB2 header to it and specify how it works.

:)

I can enter via VNC and use the system. Nothing I do from within VNC re-establishes the output to the monitor.

So that means the system is awake. It's just that your monitor is not getting a signal. Please try higher quality HDMI cable and/or lower resolution (not HiDPI) and/or lower refresh rate.

For the Z390M Gaming motherboard we have all Intel USB ports. When you combine the USB2, USB3.1 Gen 1 and USB3.1 Gen 2 options you are way over the Intel controller limit of 15 ports, as defined by Apple. So we "map" the ports to work as we need them to while staying within Apple's arbitrary limit. For example if you use a wireless/BT PCIe card you will need to allocate an internal USB2 header to it and specify how it works.

:)
Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense.

So that means the system is awake. It's just that your monitor is not getting a signal. Please try higher quality HDMI cable and/or lower resolution (not HiDPI) and/or lower refresh rate.
For reference, I'm using HDMI Basics CL3 High Speed 4K HDMI
Modifying either resolution or refresh rate does not seem to have any impact.

Interestingly, if I never let the display go off, I have no issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back