Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i3 9300
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
My computer build is in my profile, and I have included my config.plist. Currently, I can boot and everything seems to work fine but the integrated graphics is registering as only having 7MB. It should be closer to 1500MB. I searched quite a lot for people with the same motherboard and iGPU but none of their fixes seem to work with OpenCore 0.6.0 and MacOSX 10.15.6. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.4 KB · Views: 63
Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 07.13.34.png

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 07.11.55.png

I tried the new value, but with this value about half way through loading bar the display stops. I lose HDMI signal and it never comes back.

Hi there.

I think you are using the iGPU ID for the mobile version. As you are using iMac19,1 perhaps give 3E980003 a try.

I believe the value @P1LGRIM gave you - 3E9B0007 - is for MacMini8,1 or iMac19,2 - but I'm not the expert - so make your choice etc.

:)

Hi there.

I think you are using the iGPU ID for the mobile version. As you are using iMac19,1 perhaps give 3E980003 a try.

I believe the value @P1LGRIM gave you - 3E9B0007 - is for MacMini8,1 or iMac19,2 - but I'm not the expert - so make your choice etc.

Ok, so to be clear I would enter 0x0300983E right? Because I have to enter it backwards?

EDIT:
Tried 0300983E and 3E980003 for the data value and got the same result.

Last edited:
Ok, so to be clear I would enter 0x0300983E right? Because I have to enter it backwards?

EDIT:
Tried 0300983E and 3E980003 for the data value and got the same result.

That's certainly correct reverse byte order technique but I wouldn't go jumbling figures if I could avoid it. I believe it is recorded as Base64, not HEX.

What are you using to edit your config.plist?

For example, in config.plist using a plain text-editor, you would enter "PpgAAw=="

If you are brave, and many tell you not to but I'm a fan, use OpenCore Configurator and just enter the value you want in the "DeviceProperties" tab. If you check the Tools menu you will find a HEX Converter calcuator to verify the value.

That's certainly correct reverse byte order technique but I wouldn't go jumbling figures if I could avoid it. I believe it is recorded as Base64, not HEX.

What are you using to edit your config.plist?

For example, in config.plist using a plain text-editor, you would enter "PpgAAw=="

If you are brave, and many tell you not to but I'm a fan, use OpenCore Configurator and just enter the value you want in the "DeviceProperties" tab. If you check the Tools menu you will find a HEX Converter calcuator to verify the value.

Yes generally I stick with a plain text editor. Ok I gave the base64 that you provided a shot, I am able to boot now. However, I'm still registering only 7MB on the graphics.

Yes generally I stick with a plain text editor. Ok I gave the base64 that you provided a shot, I am able to boot now. However, I'm still registering only 7MB on the graphics.

Great :thumbup:

Next check your BIOS has a DVMT value of 64 or higher for the iGPU.

Then go for NVRAM.

Best guide out there for our motherboard is @pastrychef 's here.

Also @CaseySJ has a great concise MSR Unlocking guide here.

Both require work. Personally I haven't needed to do either, but I think I'm an exception rather than the rule. I still use "Emulation" of NVRAM using the special Clover builds by @MacMan and have had zero problems.

Great :thumbup:

Next check your BIOS has a DVMT value of 64 or higher for the iGPU.

Then go for NVRAM.

Best guide out there for our motherboard is @pastrychef 's here.

Also @CaseySJ has a great concise MSR Unlocking guide here.

Both require work. Personally I haven't needed to do either, but I think I'm an exception rather than the rule. I still use "Emulation" of NVRAM using the special Clover builds by @MacMan and have had zero problems.

Also to note: PpgABw== also allows boot but has the same issue of 7MB. I did check the bios and my DVMT is set to 64. I'll double check the MRS but I'm fairly confident I had already done that.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I have unlocked MRS now.

Last edited:
Also to note: PpgABw== also allows boot but has the same issue of 7MB. I did check the bios and my DVMT is set to 64. I'll double check the MRS but I'm fairly confident I had already done that.

Okay, sorry I couldn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back