Contribute
Register

Tiny Turd Node202: ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX/ac | i7-8700K | 16GB | UHD 630 | High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX 1070 ITX installed and configured. Had to clear CMOS to get the GPU to boot BIOS, but that was the most difficult part. I used webdriver.sh to install an older WEB driver from 10.13.2 and set the nvda_drv=1 and the card is working perfectly now.

I also noticed that Bluetooth was working, so I'm enjoying this system a lot. Using a DS4 controller to play emulated WiiU/GC games is awesome. No WiFi though, so this build is still only 99% complete.:mrgreen:

Hi all,
I'm installing the same setup. Anyone was able to make onboard wifi to work?
Also experiencing glitches on HD630 and only 7 mb on system info but I think I have to use clover configurator to solve them.
Thanks!

Hi His,

I made a similar build but at first I tried with APFS but seems it wasn't a good idea. Many problems with permission on file and other glitches.

Now I'm reinstalling without using APFS but I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
I followed the steps to avoid APFS but I don't get the syntax of the command.
When I digit in terminal
/Volumes/Image Volume/No-Convert

I get this anwser:
!!! No volumes with /macOS Istall Data/minstallconfig.xml found, exiting!!!

It doesn't sound good. What I'm making wrong?

Thanks!
A.

My Tiny Turd Node202 Coffee Lake i7-8700K build.

ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX/ac | i7-8700K | 16GB | UHD 630 | High Sierra

Components

Installation
I installed High Sierra onto my SSD WITHOUT formatting to APFS. I followed Step 4, section 9 in the UniBeast guide to format my SSD as HFS instead. This went well with no issues. For the final part of the install, I used MultiBeast 10.2. and the following basic settings

1. Select Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra again like you did during the first phase of the installation process.
  2. Open Terminal through Utilities at the Top Menu Bar once installer finishes loading.
  3. Type the following into Terminal and press enter after each line is entered:
  4. ls -1 /Volumes
    ls -1 /Volumes will list the available volumes.
  5. cd /Volumes/volumename
    Replace “volumename” in the line above to the one you used to format your drive.
  6. cd "macOS Install Data"
  7. vi minstallconfig.xml
  8. minstallconfig.xml will populate in terminal…
  9. Use the arrow keys to highlight to the ‘t’ in true
  10. Press the DELETE key on your keyboard 4 times to carefully removing t, r, u, e
  11. Type i on your keyboard to enter insert mode
  12. Type in false
  13. Press Esc key
  14. If entered correctly press :wq to save or :q! if you messed up. (If you mess up and typed :q! you can try again by reentering: vi minstallconfig.xml)
  15. Close Terminal on completion
  16. Restart computer from the Top Silver Menu Bar

Wow! That's a little trickier than the usual High Sierra Guide. I'll try.
Other questions:
- point 5: the volumename is my install usb right?
- Once done the procedure you described do I have to make the /Volumes/Image\ Volume/No-Convert again or not?
- Do I have to disable SIP and if yes is possible to go in safe mode at the installation?

I'm confused, I didn't think that High Sierra would be so hard to install...

Thanks!
A.

1. Select Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra again like you did during the first phase of the installation process.
  2. Open Terminal through Utilities at the Top Menu Bar once installer finishes loading.
  4. ls -1 /Volumes
    Replace “volumename” in the line above to the one you used to format your drive.
  7. vi minstallconfig.xml
  10. Press the DELETE key on your keyboard 4 times to carefully removing t, r, u, e
  12. Type in false
  13. Press Esc key
  14. If entered correctly press :wq to save or :q! if you messed up. (If you mess up and typed :q! you can try again by reentering: vi minstallconfig.xml)

Ok tried. I can see the list of the available volumes but can't go in.
When I tipe cd /Volumes/name_of_the_volume
says: no such file or directory
No way to reach minstallconfig.xml

Can I edit from a different Mac using textedit?

4. ls -1 /Volumes
  7. vi minstallconfig.xml
  12. Type in false
  13. Press Esc key

It's really easy to install. Just follow instructions step by step. Follow a clover install guide. Follow steps one by one. Sorry, can't be any more specific, because forum rules do not allow helping others.

...Sorry, can't be any more specific, because forum rules do not allow helping others.
Huh?! Oh, contrare. Helping others is why were here.

Finally I made it! Thanks for help! I was missing a step... ;)
Thanks for your help!
Alex

It's really easy to install. Just follow instructions step by step. Follow a clover install guide. Follow steps one by one. Sorry, can't be any more specific, because forum rules do not allow helping others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back