Contribute
Register

Tiny Turd Node202: ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX/ac | i7-8700K | 16GB | UHD 630 | High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tud,
I build similar build like yours; he difference only GTX1060.
Currently, I'm on 10.13.3, and I was unable to update (direct update) to 10.13.4.
I only got bootloop after choosing Boot MacOS Install.

Inside my kext (kext/other) folder, there are 4 kext, AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, NvidaGraphicFixup,
and I've attached my config.plist.

Any help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 224
Not sure why Clover 4497 killed my AUDIO but i had to revert to a backup to get it back
Went back to Clover 4428
Using AppleALC in EFI and on 10.13.4

Anybody know whats up?

Over the last week I have come to the same conclusion. It seems that Multibeast is a good way to get started, but that it isn't as well tested or updated nearly enough to be confident it will do what we need on the most recent type hardware (Z370 in particular). I am still trying to understand Clover (the program and components) - not enough docs so I am learning by trial and error. Would it be possible to get screen shots of your individual Clover pages (I know most people tend to post the text versions of what they did, but I am having difficulty translating those files into which check boxes I should utilize).

In particular What are the minimal clover settings to equate to what MultiBeast wants to do - in order to just get the boot to be correct (before I go and improve the graphics/usb-3/Ethernet kexts.

I am also trying to understand where if there is an importance as to where I place the kexts. My instinct is to put them all in the EFI, but some people put some of them in the /Library/Extensions folder - what are your thoughts?

Grateful for your guidance.

I have a similar build on the same ASRock board, and I must agree there is a good deal of frustration on figuring out the 'basics', which so many (understandably) take for granted. It was a welcome insight to understand that you can use Clover INSTEAD of the 'Beasts'. There is obviously a lot of data in those '.kext' files, and the 'config.plist', and it is great that people share them.
I don't really know if it is just a matter of copying them into the (hopefully) correct locations, and they automatically 'work' on restart, or are is some other processing required. I noticed some mention of "KextBeast"?

I downloaded and 'installed' Clover (says installed) - but then I don't see where it is, never mind how to use it. Now, I expect all the information is around here SOMEWHERE, (gold in them hills!), but the searching for fragments (which might not even be compatible) has be about ready to just buy Windows 10 just to get something reliable to work (not quite).

As a programmer who has documented a lot of original software, I understand there is a special skill to pretend you don't know what you know, and start from a new perspective.

Anyway, just a plea for some more 'organized/follow able' detail on how various applications work to help when the standard "Beasts" cookbook does not work. I do like to understand things, and I can struggle along like I imagine many do, but it really would be useful to have better 'introductory' material to aid in getting the 'big picture' of tools and options.

As far as my IMMEDIATE problem goes, I just get NO audio, using the onboard basic Realtec ALC1220. I repeatedly ran MultiBeast, selecting the 1220 driver, before and after selecting the Z370 X299 Audio driver IO patch - all to no avail.

Just not clear on how to just get the computer functional with audio.
I'm not even mentioning how I lost Ethernet by downloading the Apple OS update (Ethernet works to download, then "unplugged"). I wound up just erasing the drive and starting over on that one...

I have a similar build on the same ASRock board, and I must agree there is a good deal of frustration on figuring out the 'basics', which so many (understandably) take for granted. It was a welcome insight to understand that you can use Clover INSTEAD of the 'Beasts'. There is obviously a lot of data in those '.kext' files, and the 'config.plist', and it is great that people share them.
<snip>
As far as my IMMEDIATE problem goes, I just get NO audio, using the onboard basic Realtec ALC1220. I repeatedly ran MultiBeast, selecting the 1220 driver, before and after selecting the Z370 X299 Audio driver IO patch - all to no avail.

Just not clear on how to just get the computer functional with audio.
I'm not even mentioning how I lost Ethernet by downloading the Apple OS update (Ethernet works to download, then "unplugged"). I wound up just erasing the drive and starting over on that one...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/

I have a question about your build. I have last annoying step. My problem is the system reboot shortly after I power on,
When I press the power button, the computer starts. In 3 seconds, it shutdown then restart normally to go on Mojave.
It do the same when I restart for macOS. Do you know why?

Last edited:
Hmm, you never managed to get new wireless/BT on this build, did you? I have the same build. I want to make it for audio reasons. But the BT/Wifi combo is a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back