Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

My 7020 (i5-4590, no additional gpu) is stuck here when trying to boot the usb installer. I disabled cfg-lock but it still stops there. I'm a beginner in this stuff, but not totally nooby. Thanks in advance:)
IMG_20201114_142426026.jpg

@li3p I upgraded using a 7020 SFF OC system. Easy upgrade, however I found I lost 4k (60Hz is working, but max resolution is 2560x1600). In Displays in settings it now shows iMac where before it said Retina iMac... @trs96 this is using the settings that @nicksoph and I worked out previously.
1605437250985.png

Do you have those settings in your OC config.plist?

What worked for you ?
I'm not sure, I noticed that same files were missing, when I compared it to zearps guide y i missed some things, but as soon as I got the time, I'll let you know

I’d just got my 9020 up and running with Catalina on Clover when Big Sur got released this week. With nothing to lose, thought I’d give OpenCore a go based on this and Zearp’s guides.

It appears to be working perfectly thus far. Sleep is working properly which wasn’t the case for my Clover/Catalina build. I’ve got a Fenvi card in there and AirDrop has worked out of the box.

Time will tell how it goes longer term - I’m sure I’ll get angry calls from my mum if something breaks as she’s the recipient of the 9020 to replace a failing 2014 Mini.

My mic is not working in Big Sur.ALC layout id 17 .

Last edited:
@trs96 I can't seem to update my OpenCore version to the latest stable release (063). I'm now on OC 062. I get a black screen and need to reboot via my current (working) EFI which is on my USB stick to enter Big Sur again. Can you take a look at my EFI to see if other settings are required?

The attached EFI is without my serial info etc.

It would be much appreciated!

PS: I'm already on the latest Big Sur:

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 10.33.52.png

Attachments

• 17-10-2020 14h18 OptiMac OC062 NoSerial.zip
    60.8 MB · Views: 236
@joostiphone
It is perfectly alright to stay with OC 0.6.2. If you do want to update to the .3 version here's an easier way to update. Try the OC gen-x approach of making a new EFI and then copy and paste the specific info your Optiplex needs to the new config.plist contained therein. Also make any changes to Quirks that you have previously on the old config.plist. and put the SSDT.aml files you need into the ACPI folder. PPC doesn't show any of that in the video.

You can follow the video by PPC. Only difference is that you will select Haswell instead
of Kaby Lake for your CPU type, the 4590S is Haswell based.

Last edited:
Back