Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

In haste to get a OC install done I missed the post!
What happened exactly ? Did you try to mod the newest 3020 BIOS and it failed ?

unlucky though
Does it still boot or is it bricked ? If you have the MT 3020 it's easy to replace the board with a 7020 MT board. The only important thing missing will be the temp. sensor cable. Without it you'd need some other way control the CPU fan speeds.

Last edited:
The bios mod failed, so I never tried to flash it. I was hoping I could accomplish the same thing with the efi shelll, but now I see its not possible. I might try with another board. I do not have a 9020 laying around. Any other good candidates?

Anyone upgrade to Big Sur? I found that after update the 4K display only support 30Hz refresh rate. Anybody have the same issue ?

@li3p I upgraded using a 7020 SFF OC system. Easy upgrade, however I found I lost 4k (60Hz is working, but max resolution is 2560x1600). In Displays in settings it now shows iMac where before it said Retina iMac... @trs96 this is using the settings that @nicksoph and I worked out previously.

@li3p I upgraded using a 7020 SFF OC system. Easy upgrade, however I found I lost 4k (60Hz is working, but max resolution is 2560x1600). In Displays in settings it now shows iMac where before it said Retina iMac... @trs96 this is using the settings that @nicksoph and I worked out previously.
I'm not using a 4K monitor on my Optiplex. I'm also holding off on Big Sur for a while yet.

I'm not using a 4K monitor on my Optiplex. I'm also holding off on Big Sur for a while yet.
Good call, for folks that do have a 4K monitor it looks like we’re just waiting on a WhateverGreen update

Back