Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

there are something missed in my OC setting. Please advise and see attached pics! Thank you!
No need to attach pictures, just zip up the OC folder you are using. Remove the serials and SMUUID first though.

No need to attach pictures, just zip up the OC folder you are using. Remove the serials and SMUUID first though.
Thank you! Please see attached for EFI!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 78
Thank you! Please see attached for EFI!
I don't see any problems with the EFI folder. Don't think that is the issue.

I downloaded these apps from MAS and they work fine on my OptiMac.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 12.37.18 PM.png

You may need to go to Privacy Settings and give these apps permission to work.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 12.40.30 PM.png

View attachment 508177

View attachment 508179
I couldn't get it. I don't know how to add apps to Privacy setting as they are not required.
I will try same way on my another optiMAC.

Last edited:

View attachment 508177

View attachment 508179
I tried another Optiplex 9020 using same way to generate EFI, same issues happened on it. It is so strange. I found the GPU showing differently between OC and Clover, is that the reason?

Attachments

• Clover.png
    Clover.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 52
  • OC.png
    OC.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 59
I found the GPU showing differently between OC and Clover, is that the reason?
That doesn't make any difference if the Vram is 1536 or 2048 MB. Either one is ok.

That doesn't make any difference if the Vram is 1536 or 2048 MB. Either one is ok.
It is really strange! Few apps displayed badly on OC but back to normal when I boot under Clover. I spent few hours to figure out but still failed. I appreciate any suggestion!

Do you have the NvmExpressDxe.efi driver in your drivers folder ? It must also be enabled in the config.plist. Try taking another OC snapshot with ProperTree.
Thanks a lot. Its working. Sata ssd with windows and the efi for the opencore and the pcie nvme ssd with the macos.

@trs96 could you make one of your awesome video tutorials explaining how to update OC?. I attempted it but failed miserably and bricked my machine, then there was no USB which made things very interesting.

@trs96 could you make one of your awesome video tutorials explaining how to update OC?. I attempted it but failed miserably and bricked my machine, then there was no USB which made things very interesting.
after you have copied the new files, you will need to compare your config.plist with the sample.plist provided and then add/remove/amend as necessary

Back