Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I can't deactivate Bluetooth in the Bluetooth menu under preferences
2. I can't enable wireless under network settings because it doesn't show up in the preferences menu => wlan
Try installing the card in either of the other two PCIe slots on your MT board. See if that makes any difference.

Post an actual picture of the card you have in your Dell so we can look at it more closely.

Last edited:
Some Xeons may work in combo with a dGPU but you would certainly lose Intel QuickSync feature which is used for rendering. It greatly speeds that up even more than a dGPU can. The only way to know if it would work for you is to test one out with your workflow and see what changes.

I don't encode/decode video on this machine, so I don't care about this feature. I bought an E3 1240 v3, I will post what happens after I install it. I plan to do some real-life benchmarking too (with development workload I mentioned).

As I see a lot of video editor guys use hackintosh computers, I don't understand why there isn't too much information available from software developers. MacBook is pretty common among web developers.

I bought an E3 1240 v3, I will post what happens after I install it. I plan to do some real-life benchmarking too
Look forward to seeing the results. I've got a 4790 in my MT and really like it. The prices for used ones have gone way up on Ebay and other sites. Budget gamers buy them up to install in their gaming desktops. Still a good performer with modern games.

The comparable Xeons cost from 40-50 USD less. They will perform slightly slower with single core tasks but should match up well when all 4 cores/8 threads are in use. I'm certain that any Xeon with 6 or more cores will not work as the Dell BIOS will not allow that. To go there would require a higher spec Dell server which has a different BIOS to accommodate those. The T1700 Precision which is much like the 7020/9020 could only use a 4 core max Xeon such as the E3 1200 V3 series CPU you will be using.

Last edited:
Try installing the card in either of the other two PCIe slots on your MT board. See if that makes any difference.

Post an actual picture of the card you have in your Dell so we can look at it more closely.
Thanks but I found out that I didn't get the Fenvi FV-HB1200 I got the FV-AC1200 with the intel wireless (7265) :banghead: I already edited my post. Thanks anyway

Hi all,

I just got the Fenvi FV-HB1200 Wifi card

However, the 9020 MT doesn't seem to have a place to plug in the (BT Line interface) and thus the bluetooth doesn't work

Is there somewhere else I should be plugging it in? How can I get bluetooth working?

In this photo, it says "connected to USB port on motherboard"

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.33.52 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.33.52 am.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.08.14 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.08.14 am.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 46

Thank you. Oh dear, i'll have to build my own cable!

make your own
I've tried making my own cable but the "Bluetooth" option still isn't coming up in my "Network settings".

Cables I matched were:
From USB WHITE > BLACK
From USB GREEN > YELLOW

I've tried multiple USB cables, and ports.

What could I have done wrong here? DO I need to configure it in Clover or something?

Think there's a chance I've got a faulty HB1200?

Last edited:
Can anyone please advise me here- I still can't get the Bluetooth working on the HB1200. I've made a custom cord (tried a couple) to get power to via the USB.

Is there anything inside of Clover or something I need to do software-wise?

Back