Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I'm looking at a SFF 9020 and the listing on ebay includes the statement: "BIOS: No BIOS Password (Guaranteed NOT Locked)
That's completely different from an ME lockout. It's really easy to remove that. Much harder if ME is disabled to re-enable it.
Does this mean I should be okay because I really don't want, with my first hackintosh, too many extra steps to have working integrated graphics.
You really need to ask the seller to remove the side panel and look at the number on the white (or yellow) sticker to see what you'll be getting. You can use my photo from post #1,786 so they know what to look for. Not everyone selling these is a refurbishing technician.

I'm confused by this and another post which stated: "If you see the number 3 and ME Disabled or 6 & ME Lockout it has been factory disabled..."
Sorry for jumping straight in and asking for advice with my first post but everyone here seems really helpful so hopefully it's okay.
I'm looking at a SFF 9020 and the listing on ebay includes the statement: "BIOS: No BIOS Password (Guaranteed NOT Locked)"
Does this mean I should be okay because I really don't want, with my first hackintosh, too many extra steps to have working integrated graphics.
Many thanks, Martin.

If I understand correctly, the problem is the ME, and it has nothing to do with the BIOS password. My USFF model has a 1, but if you want to make sure that the one you are going to buy is a 1, the only way to know is asking the seller to open the case and take a look.

And as it has only one hdmi cable do the dvi to hdmi cable work?
Much better to use a DP to HDMI adapter instead. You'll likely get 2-3 DP outputs.

Brilliant:) Thanks trs96 and biri for the quick replies. Guess I'll have to contact the seller and hope.

Hello,
I have one problem with my USFF model. I bought a original Broadcom bcm94360CS2 for ebay with an adaptor to Mini PCIE, I have connected it to the Optiplex and in the BIOS, it says "PCI" {empty}. I have tried with another machines and it recognize the card without any problem. Also, I have tried with another Mini PCIE cards in the Optiplex and there weren't any problem. Does anyone know what can be the issue?
I attach a photo of my adaptor.
1592397719784.png

Thank you!

Hello,
I have one problem with my USFF model. I bought a original Broadcom bcm94360CS2 for ebay with an adaptor to Mini PCIE, I have connected it to the Optiplex and in the BIOS, it says "PCI" {empty}. I have tried with another machines and it recognize the card without any problem. Also, I have tried with another Mini PCIE cards in the Optiplex and there weren't any problem. Does anyone know what can be the issue?
I attach a photo of my adaptor.

Thank you!
I've never owned a 9020 USFF so I haven't had the chance to test the potentially working Broadcom Wifi/BT cards in one. I know that the Dell Wifi cards that shipped in these, some provided BT. Maybe some USFF owners that have used Wifi/BT cards in these could chime in and comment on this. I've never heard of a "whitelist" of Dell approved cards but that is possible too.

Last edited:
I've never owned a 9020 USFF so I haven't had the chance to test the potentially working Broadcom Wifi/BT cards in one. I know that the Dell Wifi cards that shipped in these, some provided BT. Maybe some USFF owners that have used Wifi/BT cards in these could chime in and comment on this. I've never heard of a "whitelist" of Dell approved cards but that is possible too.
Ok, thank you for the fast response, it seems that is something with the PCI protocol:
but I'm not sure. It's funny because the bluetooth under Windows can be seen and used! But under macOS it doesn't appear any of the two.

Just a quick update. I contacted the seller using the photo in post #1786 (thanks) and got a quick reply. Sticker said 1(photo attached) so I went ahead and ordered it. So we'll see how it goes... :)

9020sticker.jpg

It's funny because the bluetooth under Windows can be seen and used! But under macOS it doesn't appear any of the two.
Maybe requires a few changes to the USB SSDT ? Again, I've never been able to test the USFF to know what it needs. Check in with utterdisbelief in his custom USB SSDT thread to troubleshoot.

I installed catalina in dell optiplex 9020
But my hdml audio is not working help me .

Back