Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

All of the features of iTunes are still present as far as I know, just split up into multiple places. There has to be a lot of people upset about that, I wonder if they'll put it back soon or take the headphone jack stance.

EDIT: Although I think the headphone jack thing was for the betterment of the device in terms of waterproofing, etc.

All of the features of iTunes are still present as far as I know, just split up into multiple places. There has to be a lot of people upset about that, I wonder if they'll put it back soon or take the headphone jack stance.

EDIT: Although I think the headphone jack thing was for the betterment of the device in terms of waterproofing, etc.

The core features are still there. It kind of works... It depends on what you are in to, I don't stream any music and I mainly listen to full albums. The Music app is severely lacking in features compared to iTunes. Yes I can still play a song/album but the navigating etc is really basic and under cooked for the way I use it. I realize Im probably in the minority so never really complained just switched back. I missed the views and the way the art work was displayed etc. So now I guess Im stuck on Mojave, which is weird cause I dont use any 32bit apps so no issue there...

It definitely wont be coming back, its bound to be designed to 'encourage' people to spend money in apple music and lock them further in to the Apple eco system etc. Pretty sure the number of people saying I wish I had to go to separate apps to manage my content was pretty low

The core features are still there. It kind of works... It depends on what you are in to, I don't stream any music and I mainly listen to full albums. The Music app is severely lacking in features compared to iTunes. Yes I can still play a song/album but the navigating etc is really basic and under cooked for the way I use it. I realize Im probably in the minority so never really complained just switched back. I missed the views and the way the art work was displayed etc. So now I guess Im stuck on Mojave, which is weird cause I dont use any 32bit apps so no issue there...

It definitely wont be coming back, its bound to be designed to 'encourage' people to spend money in apple music and lock them further in to the Apple eco system etc. Pretty sure the number of people saying I wish I had to go to separate apps to manage my content was pretty low
I understand your point. Apple is in the services business now as much as anything else, and like you said, you are a minority. I can see you can still import from Music.app, songs view and playlist stuff all looks the same. I'm curious, as a power user, what is different? Or is it just a different flow and that is what you don't like?

If you compress (zip up) the Clover folder on your USB Installer or the SSD hard drive, if you've gotten that far. I'll look at it to see what the problem is.

Hi sorry for the late reply attached is my clover folder Zipped, Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 51
Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
Looks like your problem is the config.plist. Get the one attached at the end of post #1 and use that instead.

Looks like your problem is the config.plist. Get the one attached at the end of post #1 and use that instead.

Thank you downloaded and im now installing Catalina! :)

I understand your point. Apple is in the services business now as much as anything else, and like you said, you are a minority. I can see you can still import from Music.app, songs view and playlist stuff all looks the same. I'm curious, as a power user, what is different? Or is it just a different flow and that is what you don't like?

Wouldn't say I'm a power user hahah.
Actually I mainly listen to Vinyl/Tape etc as I prefer physical media.
On the computer I sort by artist then by album.
When it comes to Apple music on Catalina I would browse/scroll through my albums when I clicked one it would fill the window. Whereas in iTunes just expands the album details, while still displaying the full list eg:
Capture.JPG

No problem yet... but say after viewing the tracklist I decide I actually want a different album, in Apple music when I clicked back to select a different album, it would take me all the way back to 'A'. In iTunes I'd just keep scrolling down till I found what I wanted (more like browsing physical media I guess?)

Maybe they fixed this already? but it was really annoying to me so I just downgraded. This PC is only used in my lounge for Movies on Plex and music on iTunes. It just didnt make sense to my brain.

i also forgot to ask should I be following the first guide in terms of getting the audio to work and SMuuid?. using kextbeast.

thank you again for your reply.

i also forgot to ask should I be following the first guide in terms of getting the audio to work and SMuuid?. using kextbeast.

thank you again for your reply.
For Catalina installs audio works with the correct config.plist, Lilu and Apple ALC kexts installed to the Clover/kexts/other folder. That's really all you need. You can still use Clover Configurator to generate serials and Smuuid values for your system.

Ok, I messed again. I wanted to upgrade through system preferences but before this I stupidly enabled filevault.
Now I can access only the Clover bootloader with Win10 in a separate drive and recovery drive.
Any suggestions?

Edit

Followed this link to unlock and decrypt the Mac OS drive. You need to make sure during decryption, the computer is awake. On my first attempt, the process was paused due to going in to the sleep. I followed this message's instructions to complete decryption. Now I can boot as normal. Although, the update has not been completed but for a while I will forget about it :)

Last edited:
Back