Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Were my messages deleted? Off topic, maybe, and weighing down an already heavy thread?

Installation couldn't have been easier. I've been dinking around with Hackintosh for many years off and on, and it has always been a frustrating experience overall.

I will never not do a Golden Build again. I did have a sleep issue. But, if I can't figure it out from the posts already here, I'll just prevent sleep and use a screensaver (Brooklyn is awesome) or try monitor off.

Is it somewhat reasonable to do FileVault? I'd really like to have it....

I will never not do a golden build again.
Glad to hear it went smoothly. The build description does go into a lot of detail and a lot is already done for the reader/installer. I wanted this to be complete enough that anyone with any level of hackintosh experience could get a working system on the first try. Most that opt for these lower cost "budget" builds are not as tech savvy so I want to get people started with a positive experience that they can build on.

I wanted this to be complete enough that anyone with any level of hackintosh experience could get a working system on the first try.

I am probably not a good gauge of low experience from a computer standpoint nor Hackintosh just from my prior experience. I spent a solid week on the HP build I had and never once had a stable system that I felt happy with. I could tell IMMEDIATELY when booting up that this build felt different. I also had issues with signing into iMessage even though I had followed directions previously. On this build, I signed into iCloud when instructed (maybe that was my issue), and, when I went into iMessage, I was already signed in. I was so happy.

I am waiting on the WiFi/BT card suggested in post #2 because I'm a huge, huge fan of continuity. I'll report back when complete.

I spent a solid week on the HP build I had and never once had a stable system
As I had said previously, there is no well written/researched guide on this site for the HP 600/800 G1. I wrote one of the HP8300 guides that had a lot of activity and was popular with many. When I looked at an 800 G1 and tested it briefly I decided that it wasn't going to work as well with macOS as the 8300 did. Since I had done the Dell 7010/9010 guide previously, I bought a 7020 SFF and that was a completely different experience.

Do you have a MT Dell ? If so use the x4 slot (black) closest to the bottom of the case. It will work there.

Thank you, But I also am using the NVMe adapter for a 1TB NVMe Drive, as suggested above. I suppose I should have looked at available slots before I just assumed to order one of the select devices from each category. My understanding was that all of those options, there was room for.

My understanding was that all of those options, there was room for.
If only Dell motherboard designers would have put the x1 slot where the PCI slot is then it would work. Since these are business desktops they weren't designed for the use of dual slot graphics cards, at best, just single slot, low power draw Quadro cards and possibly AMD Pro WX series cards.

Last edited:
Dell optiplex 9020
i7 4790
16gb ram

why such a poor result? broken processor?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2019-10-3 o 16.04.47.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2019-10-3 o 16.04.47.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 52
why such a poor result?
Run Geekbench 4 and then compare numbers.

broken processor?
Not likely. If you get the same results with GKB 4 then you should
throw it in the trash.

Last edited:
so it's ok :)

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2019-10-3 o 17.02.03.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2019-10-3 o 17.02.03.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 53
Back