Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Im fairly sure that both drives end up with an efi partition and the apple os writes to the one its installed on - but I donth think that matters to us - the EFI partition on the PCI_NVMe drive can never be made active as boot - it needs a UEFI driver so an EFI partition must already have booted for that to happen. There is an issue if you run the problem reporting script in this config - it does not see the clover installation and reports that you may have booted from usb. If you want a report just copy over the /clover folder from the sata to the pci based drive efi and it works. That worried me a bit, but everything works and Im thinking - its an unusual config, maybe the Problem Reporting Files Process does not deal with it.

WX4100 works in my 7020 SFF-i5-16gb

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 5.04.24 PM.png

WX4100 works in my 7020 SFF-i5-16gb
Great. Are you using WhateverGreen and Lilu Kexts ? Would you run some benchmarks and post them ?

Great. Are you using WhateverGreen and Lilu Kexts ? Would you run some benchmarks and post them ?

I am using WhateverGreen and Lilu Kexts. I'll run some benchmarks.

Single-Core Score

Multi-Core Score
Geekbench 4.3.4 Tryout for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit)

I'm about to go to bed here pretty soon. Heaven benchmarks crashed my system. I'm new to benchmarks and not familiar with anything else and Cinebench doesn't seem to pickup the GPU and will only test the cpu. Everything seems to be working great other than that.

Last edited:
OptiMac Update
If you've used the attached config.plist attached before June 20th 2019, you'll want to set yours to Detect kexts instead of Inject kexts. I was doing some testing and it got left at Inject for some reason.

I'm also still using Generate Options / PluginType as I haven't found a better alternative for CPU PM. This doesn't give you a CPU clock speed that goes down to 800 MHz at idle but it doesn't seem to cause more heat or power usage.

I'm also still using Generate Options / PluginType as I haven't found a better alternative for CPU PM.
What faults does it have when it is not ticked?

I'm (using spinoff thread settings) and getting full CPU PM but, if I untick, I get the CPU speed changing but only near the top of its speed range.

The differences between the main and spinoff thread are only BIOS and config.plist.

Would you try;
renaming the spinoff threads config.plist - sconfig.plist, and
put sconfig.pist in in sata /efi/clover,
make the bios changes (Changes listed in spinoff but probably dont change the graphics settings) and
interrupt clover and manually select (Options | Config) sconfig.plist for a onetime boot with this config

If it dont work you will need to set the BIOS back.

Last edited:
I'm getting full CPU PM but, if I untick,
You can check your Ioreg to see if X86platformplugin is loading or not with PluginType unticked. If it's not loading you don't have CPU PM. It might look that you do in IPG but actually it isn't working fully.

Back