Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel HD Graphics 530

The following is what I see on the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming with the new patch from Pike R. Alpha.

With a single display (this is DP to active DP to DVI adapter to DVI display).

First screen is non-accelerated.

S1.jpg

The second screen is accelerated.

S2.jpg

The third screen is accelerated with Pike’s patch.

S3.jpg

However with the system set to do accelerated it looses the ability to manage a second display (where both displays are out of sync and tearing badly.. totally un-useable).

And with two displays (the second is HDMI to a HDMI HDTV) non-accelerated the HDMI display is a mirror of the DP display (and the system does not see the second display in the Displays preference panel).

Good modding,
neil

Guys. Who knows this error? I installed clover to SSD (instead boot flash) with first 2 UEFI flags.
And clover stopped on +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

This is confused me. As I said, boot usb works fine.

Guys. Who knows this error? I installed clover to SSD (instead boot flash) with first 2 UEFI flags.
And clover stopped on +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

This is confused me. As I said, boot usb works fine.

Humm... did you copy the kexts and config.plist from the USB stick to the SSD EFI folder? The EFI partition on the SSD should have same patches and files as the USB stick has.

And I always follow the Step 4 instructions in this thread when installing UEFI Clover..http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Good modding,
neil

Intel HD Graphics 530

The following is what I see on the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming with the new patch from Pike R. Alpha.

With a single display (this is DP to active DP to DVI adapter to DVI display).

First screen is non-accelerated.

The second screen is accelerated.

The third screen is accelerated with Pike’s patch.

However with the system set to do accelerated it looses the ability to manage a second display (where both displays are out of sync and tearing badly.. totally un-useable).

And with two displays (the second is HDMI to a HDMI HDTV) non-accelerated the HDMI display is a mirror of the DP display (and the system does not see the second display in the Displays preference panel).

Good modding,
neil

I was able to repeat this exactly on my system. It runs better unaccelerated for now.

Accelerated, f.lux worked and it detected my display correctly, albeit I had to boot with only one connected because of the "tearing" with two.

I have my system mostly working now with a GA-Z170X-UD3 on F4 BIOS, but i still have a single problem with USB:

After sleep my console is spammed with:

Code:
kernel[0]	002396.833776 AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 2 failed with 0xe00002e9
kernel[0]	002396.833805 AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9

Which uses a large portion of my CPU just for writing to the log.

OS X also complains about USB devices using too much power and asks me to replug devices to reenable USB.

But all USB devices still works just fine.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-setpowerstategated-log-spam-after-sleep.html

Just added to top post:

Update 4 - USB Fix:

USB seems to work on most ports by using USBInjectAll.kext and the raise port limit patch discussed in Rehabman's USB thread here: www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 30</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Hw==
                </data>
</dict>

Just added to top post:

Update 5 - Installation USB:
Because of the USB issues inherent in 100 Series motherboards so far, two extra patches need to be added- the APIC patch above and the USB Raise Port Limit patch. If both are added to UniBeast created USB's config.plist, the installer should boot.

:thumbup:

Update 1 - BIOS fix:

Piker Alpha has identified a setting in some BIOSes that solves many of the issues on Skylake. We're testing but this is the setting to disable on ASUS motherboards:

Advanced > PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries

Pike made patch, but all information was sent by iStig. So writing that Pike identified a setting is not true. Even screenshot is taken on iStig's mobo.
Here you have all information:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309189-asus-maximus-viii-gene-i7-6700k-skylake/?p=2185040

I have a gigabyte z170 gaming 7 that I can boot into the installer with if I use the USB inject all kext. &nbsp;The problem I have is that it doesn't see any SATA drives. &nbsp;Any thoughts?<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back