Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read the whole thread and i only see the intel HD 530 working on desktops.

Is there anyone who managed to get the intel hd 530 to work on a laptop?

I just went through the whole serial number thing to get imessage to work and after rebooting the audio works.

problem solved.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with getting audio to work on a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH?

hardware is
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
6700K processor
GTX 980 ti FTW 6gb (card shows up in about mac but says 0MB vram)
64 gigs Gskill ripjaw V 3200mhz
samsung 840pro ssd,
Firewire 800 card (Working, no drivers or mods)
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 wireless (Working, no drivers or mods)
OCZ 850 gold power

I have most everything else working I think, I have not tested sleep because I never use that. I have disabled (I think) most of the usb ports on the motherboard that i cant use (to get it down to 15 ports), got graphics working with the web drivers (much worse performance than in windows 10, I installed windows to test all the hardware. I got a cinebench score of 163fps in windows and 126fps in OSX)

Its been a long time since I built a hackintosh (x58A-UD5 machine with a 6 core i7) and its very different these days.

If anyone can suggest any changes please let me know, would love to get this machine fully functional in the next few days. Not worried about the thunderbolt or usb-c ports for now, I cant find any thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt adaptors out there yet but I do have a bunch of thunderbolt drives I would like to get to work in the next few months if I can. Usb3 seems to be working at full speed (tested with an ssd and its about the same as my retina macbook pro)

These are the ports that i disabled, can someone look at the plist file to see if I put this in the correct spot?
uia_exclude=SS08;SS07;SS06;SS05;HS05;HS06;HS07;HS08

-HS05", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port
-HS06", Package() // USB3 #2 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port
-HS07", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 1, port
-HS08", Package() // USB3 #2 from USB3 motherboard header 1, port
-SS05", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port
-SS06", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port
-SS07", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port
-SS08", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port

Thanks for all your help over the years, this site is amazing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 288
jdizzle, it was simple enough once i got it worked out. right first you will need a copy of this to install in windows.. and it only works if you have a UEFI bios and all your drives are formatted as GPT.. it will not work if your windows drive is MBR (legacy mode) Clover also has to be installed as UEFI. Easy UEFI free edition. http://www.easyuefi.com/index-us.html

Install Easy UEFI, and open it up, select the Clover EFI partition, create a new entry call it Clover EFI, OSX EFI etc, and browse to the boot entry.. use the cloverx64.efi boot loader which is in the clover folder of your efi partition, do NOT select the bootx64.efi in the boot folder of the clover partition.. this is what causes those extra entries, it appears there is a bug. and this workaround fixes it. Ensure the os type is set to Linux/Other OS rather than windows for this entry. Now create another entry for the windows boot loader in the windows EFI partition which is bootmgrfw.efi, set this entry as windows, and set it as the second entry, and your clover one as first in boot order.. delete all other entries. just leaving the one for Clover as 1st, and the one for windows as second.

Now in Clovers config plist we need to create 2 custom entries, one for clover, one for windows, set the entry by GUUID of the drive, i did this by going into clover shell, type in bcfg boot dump, take note of the entries marked as HD at beginning not PCI root 0x0… (the Pci entries are what we are trying to get rid off). now you will see something like HD(1, GPT, XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX, 0x0XXXXX, 0xXXXXX) that number up to the comma is the GUUID of that partition.. write this down.. as we need it for clover config. also take note of the path which will be something like /\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI. Do this for your windows drive as well.

Boot back into OSX, mount the EFI partition using EFI Mounter (available in downloads on this site) edit the config plist using clover configurator, available in the community software section of the downloads. look for the GUI section, go to scan section, select custom instead of auto, select entries, and tools in the tick boxes, now create 2 custom entries one for the Clover drive, one for the windows drive. now set each type as OSX and Windows as appropriate, select volume as internal, path is the entry you wrote down like /\EFI\Clover\Cloverx64.efi, volume is the GUUID you wrote down for each boot partition.. ensure its right one for that partition or system will become unbootable till its fixed.hidden is set to no and injectkexts is down to your particular setup, mines set as no. you can set arguments such as slide=0 etc.. but i didn't have them entered here, i left those in my boot arguments section.. again, depends on your setup. i guess if you needed to disable a driver like the NVIDIA web driver for booting Recovery HD that may be useful.

Now if all is well reboot, and if it boots cleanly, go back to OSX, mount your efi partition again, and rename the boot folder to something else.. as this is what seems to cause the issue. make sure your Easy UEFI entries, and the Config.plist entries point to the cloverx64.efi in the clover folder and not the bootx64.efi in the boot folder. reboot, go into bios, look to see if there is any extra boot configurator entries, if so go into clover shell, type bcfg boot dump, scan the entries only leave the ones pointing to HD, not PCI root, you can remove them by typing bcfg boot rm XX (xx being the number of the entry like 03, 05 etc) i would only remove one at a time, and then check by doing the bcfg boot dump again and noting the entry numbers.. we DONT want to remove the entries beginning HD. when all the extra entries have been removed, type exit, this takes you back to clover GUI, boot as normal.

Now in clover config.plist in the GUI section you can also hide other non bootable partitions, by typing there name in the hide volume section on the right. so we are only left with the partitions of the bootable drives.. i guess this method will also work if you wished to triple boot with osx, windows and linux, and whether they were all on separate drives or all on one drive partitioned.

I hope this has been some kind of help. I know it involves using extra software and a pure clover based method would be preferable but its the only way I've found that works. And i hope I've explained it clearly enough.. I'm not the best at explaining these things. :oops:

And finally… make sure you have a bootable USB to get back into OSX if all goes wrong, so you can fix your clover partition, and have a backup of your EFI folder.. especially if you have taken pains to get a good working config… don't ask me how i know!! shut up lol! :banghead:

Just wanted to thank you (and jdeezy from mentioning your post), it saved my multiple bios entries issue.

I don't know how interesting it is, but I happened to get the Gigabyte Thunderbolt 2 card working on my Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 board.

As a video editor it was pretty great getting this to work.

I posted a bit more about it here, if you are interested, but thought it was neat that this card was supported on Z170 boards with the THB_C header.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...thunderbolt-2-skylake-mostly.html#post1231367

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x-42.html#post1207758

Thank you very much ! Finally no crowded Boot menu anymore :)

Is there also a way to make this work as dual boot ? When I try to boot Windows from Clover I get that the bcd is broken?

IMG_3025.jpg

Fixed:
- on my 34" Monitor i disabled DisplayPort 1.2, i presume now is 1.0 - no Flickering or Black screen for a weeks now

Still not working:
- Handoff

For Handoff i tried every guide i found on internet - nothing worked, so i presume it must be some general issue. Maybe is my system definition. Should i use iMac17,1? Will my Skylake CPU be more compatible with it?

My current system definition is MacPro5,1.

Handoff fixed (works OOB now) by changing system definition to iMac17,1.

I just stood up a machine with a GA-Z170XP-SLI and a 6700k. Boots into the OS, but I'm seeing two problems:

1.) NVRAM is non functional. Had to edit the clover config and hard code nvda_drv=1 because it wouldn't take via the web driver GUI.

2.) The 219-v network chipset doesn't work. Tried e1000 and IntelMausi from Multibeast. No luck.

Last edited:
I've been installing osx on my laptop , I have such a problem like i can not boot unless entered safe mode "-x " . . If I don't boot use safe mode then my laptop screen will be blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back