Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to make backup))

Thanks! Apparently , my PC doesn't boot with that patch. Boots without it tho.
Edit: Nevermind , booted.
Edit2: I think acceleration works. Artifacts like hell tho.

Did you try to boot with nvda_drv=1?
Yeah, but for some reason, it boot up with tons of horizonal lines of green, blue, red, etc. So I went into the config and changed the Graphics in Clover, and uncheck InjectNvida. After that it boots up fine and I edit my config. I have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Reference model.

First and foremost, Pike is home and recovering! Secondly, he released a patch for the Intel HD Graphics 530 today that supposedly forces the Intel Accelerator to load but the frame buffer may fail.

I have two monitors set up to my system via HDMI and DVI. In my starting state, I had only inject intel=true for graphics. It works well enough to use. The display jitters and it's possible to watch videos but isn't pleasant. I don't have dual displays, only mirrored, with no detection of the two displays. In fact, the display size it detects is completely wrong. About this Mac reports 7MB VRAM for the graphics. F.lux has no impact.

A post in the H170N-WIFI guide led me to input ig-platform-id = 0x19120000. This was a mistake (for my hardware). Upon booting, the screens were completely unusable with artifacts and flickering (frame buffer?). However, it appear that f.lux was working with this new setting on the HDMI monitor. Picture of what it looks like is attached

I undid the ig-platform-id and got back to the original state. I inserted Pike's patch and there is no visible difference from the original state.

I don't know if the f.lux info gives any clues as to what is working and what isn't. Since Pike's patch supposedly activates graphics acceleration and I saw no difference, does that mean I had graphics acceleration from the beginning? Can I test if it's working properly?

If acceleration is not working, is this why my displays aren't being detected properly?

Attachments

• 2015-11-18 18.13.45.jpg
    2015-11-18 18.13.45.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Intel HD Graphics 530

The following is what I see on the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming with the new patch from Pike R. Alpha.

With a single display (this is DP to active DP to DVI adapter to DVI display).

First screen is non-accelerated.

S1.jpg

The second screen is accelerated.

S2.jpg

The third screen is accelerated with Pike’s patch.

S3.jpg

However with the system set to do accelerated it looses the ability to manage a second display (where both displays are out of sync and tearing badly.. totally un-useable).

And with two displays (the second is HDMI to a HDMI HDTV) non-accelerated the HDMI display is a mirror of the DP display (and the system does not see the second display in the Displays preference panel).

Good modding,
neil

Guys. Who knows this error? I installed clover to SSD (instead boot flash) with first 2 UEFI flags.
And clover stopped on +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

This is confused me. As I said, boot usb works fine.

Guys. Who knows this error? I installed clover to SSD (instead boot flash) with first 2 UEFI flags.
And clover stopped on +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

This is confused me. As I said, boot usb works fine.

Humm... did you copy the kexts and config.plist from the USB stick to the SSD EFI folder? The EFI partition on the SSD should have same patches and files as the USB stick has.

And I always follow the Step 4 instructions in this thread when installing UEFI Clover..http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Good modding,
neil

Intel HD Graphics 530

The following is what I see on the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming with the new patch from Pike R. Alpha.

With a single display (this is DP to active DP to DVI adapter to DVI display).

First screen is non-accelerated.

The second screen is accelerated.

The third screen is accelerated with Pike’s patch.

However with the system set to do accelerated it looses the ability to manage a second display (where both displays are out of sync and tearing badly.. totally un-useable).

And with two displays (the second is HDMI to a HDMI HDTV) non-accelerated the HDMI display is a mirror of the DP display (and the system does not see the second display in the Displays preference panel).

Good modding,
neil

I was able to repeat this exactly on my system. It runs better unaccelerated for now.

Accelerated, f.lux worked and it detected my display correctly, albeit I had to boot with only one connected because of the "tearing" with two.

I have my system mostly working now with a GA-Z170X-UD3 on F4 BIOS, but i still have a single problem with USB:

After sleep my console is spammed with:

Code:
kernel[0]	002396.833776 AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 2 failed with 0xe00002e9
kernel[0]	002396.833805 AppleUSBXHCIPCI@00000000: AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9

Which uses a large portion of my CPU just for writing to the log.

OS X also complains about USB devices using too much power and asks me to replug devices to reenable USB.

But all USB devices still works just fine.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-setpowerstategated-log-spam-after-sleep.html

Just added to top post:

Update 4 - USB Fix:

USB seems to work on most ports by using USBInjectAll.kext and the raise port limit patch discussed in Rehabman's USB thread here: www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 30</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>