Lenovo T430 (2349IP5)
CPU
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5-3320M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Got a rather unusual problem over here - installed El Capitan on my Lenovo T430 (2349IP5, IB Core i5-3320M, 4GB RAM, HD4000 Graphics, 1600x900 screen) and after some patches almost everything is working as it should (SpeedStep, FireWire via ExpressCard, Mini DisplayPort, internal sound - no problems) but there's one issue I'd like to resolve:

I'm not getting any boot screen at all. No Apple progress bar on normal boot and no text on verbose boot.

Don't get me wrong - the system is working as it should. For now. But what if something goes awry and the system won't boot anymore? I can't use verbose mode to troubleshoot the system in that case. Already noticed this problem when booting the installer but I was hoping it might go away. I'm gonna give as many details on this as possible (the ones I think might be of interest - it most probably doesn't have anything to do with post-installation .kexts or patches because, as I mentioned, the problem already occurred when booting the installation USB drive):
  • UEFI BIOS Version G1ET91WW (2.51)
  • Embedded Controller Version G1HT30WW (1.08)
  • Machine Type Model 2349IP5
  • Boot Mode UEFI only
  • config.plist RehabMan's plist for 1600x900 HD4000 laptops
  • drivers64UEFI contents FSInject-64, HFSPlus, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 since it wouldn't even boot then), OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got a rather unusual problem over here - installed El Capitan on my Lenovo T430 (2349IP5, IB Core i5-3320M, 4GB RAM, HD4000 Graphics, 1600x900 screen) and after some patches almost everything is working as it should (SpeedStep, FireWire via ExpressCard, Mini DisplayPort, internal sound - no problems) but there's one issue I'd like to resolve:

I'm not getting any boot screen at all. No Apple progress bar on normal boot and no text on verbose boot.

Don't get me wrong - the system is working as it should. For now. But what if something goes awry and the system won't boot anymore? I can't use verbose mode to troubleshoot the system in that case. Already noticed this problem when booting the installer but I was hoping it might go away. I'm gonna give as many details on this as possible (the ones I think might be of interest - it most probably doesn't have anything to do with post-installation .kexts or patches because, as I mentioned, the problem already occurred when booting the installation USB drive):
  • UEFI BIOS Version G1ET91WW (2.51)
  • Embedded Controller Version G1HT30WW (1.08)
  • Machine Type Model 2349IP5
  • Boot Mode UEFI only
  • config.plist RehabMan's plist for 1600x900 HD4000 laptops
  • drivers64UEFI contents FSInject-64, HFSPlus, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 since it wouldn't even boot then), OsxFatBinaryDrv-64
Enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

Motherboard
Lenovo T430 (2349IP5)
CPU
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
CSM is enabled. Another idea?

PS: I forgot - the Clover version is 2.3k build 2015-11-01 14:01.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
CSM is enabled. Another idea?

PS: I forgot - the Clover version is 2.3k build 2015-11-01 14:01.
Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Motherboard
Lenovo T430 (2349IP5)
CPU
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).
OK, I'm gonna do that, but one question first - I'm already using a patched DSDT and SSDT; do you want me to boot OS X from a Clover installation with or without the patched files before running patchmatic or does it make no difference?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, I'm gonna do that, but one question first - I'm already using a patched DSDT and SSDT; do you want me to boot OS X from a Clover installation with or without the patched files before running patchmatic or does it make no difference?
patchmatic output should represent the conditions/configuration which demonstrates the problem.

Motherboard
Lenovo T430 (2349IP5)
CPU
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
patchmatic output should represent the conditions/configuration which demonstrates the problem.
The problem was present with all configurations so far - even when running the installer before patching any tables or installing any kexts, just using your HiRes HD4000 config.plist without modifications. In fact, the only thing I changed about the Unibeast-created flash drive was replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi by OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi since with the former file my system wouldn't boot (error allocating [...] pages at [...]). I'm just gonna post the patchmatic output from the current configuration along with the IOReg output and the EFI folder, just give me ~5 minutes.

EDIT: to better describe the problem - upon normal boot, the screen remains black until the password prompt appears and on verbose boot the screen is stuck at the Clover screen with the row of "+" signs until the password prompt appears.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
The problem was present with all configurations so far - even when running the installer before patching any tables or installing any kexts, just using your HiRes HD4000 config.plist without modifications. In fact, the only thing I changed about the Unibeast-created flash drive was replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi by OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi since with the former file my system wouldn't boot (error allocating [...] pages at [...]). I'm just gonna post the patchmatic output from the current configuration along with the IOReg output and the EFI folder, just give me ~5 minutes.

EDIT: to better describe the problem - upon normal boot, the screen remains black until the password prompt appears and on verbose boot the screen is stuck at the Clover screen with the row of "+" signs until the password prompt appears.
Boot normally using your intended configuration. Then provide the files as requested.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, there you are.
Backlight control not implemented properly...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152659-guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Do yourself a favor and keep the same names for SSDTs in ACPI/patched as for ACPI/origin. I didn't do a compare because the names a mismatched.

No kextcache output provided, contrary to request.

Boot glitch patch might help if enabled... You could also experiment with different config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution settings.

Also clean system of unneeded software...