Contribute
Register

SUCCESSFUL Yosemite Install with ASUS GTX 750 Ti - but with HDMI not working on NVIDIA Web Drivers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdeus,

Can you share the VBIOS (ROM file) that you flashed your card with?

Can you also post your IOREG?

And a screenshot of About This Mac > System Report > Graphics/Displays > ASUS GTX 750 Ti?

Also, a screenshot of the GPU-Z window of the card.

I don't have much time, and since I don't have a windows on my 750ti build right now I cannot support you with a screenshot of GPU-z
I'll get back to that though, maybe this weekend I'll take some time and put the card in my windows PC.
Anyway, I'll just quickly share a screenshot of my system with you. And the Strix VBIOS I used.

I'll elaborate when I have more time. So far there were no issues with the card whatsoever. And I can confirm that the HDMI port is working fine.

Cheers
T.

PS. Just bought the Apple wired Keyboard. And I'm loving it.

Edit: Typos
BTW, I just compare the STRIX Clocks with the PH ones on the ASUS Webpage and they apear to be identical. The only difference with these two cards seems to be the headsink and the connections.
I also never checkt the VGA connection on my card (Who uses VGA these days :) )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 00.14.46.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 00.14.46.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 1,530
  • ASUS.rom.zip
    127.4 KB · Views: 567
Hey,
Attached you'll find my IOreg. and if anyone can maybe look into that and maybe tell me the reason why I need to press the power button to wake my system, I would really appreciate.

Cheers
T.

Edit: Solved the issue. It was a stupid Bios setting on my MSI Z97I AC

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg.zip
    448.3 KB · Views: 224
Build Configuration:

Gigabyte GA-B85 M-D3H Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.10 Ghz Processor (HASWELL)
WD Caviar Green SATA Drives
Audio (Realtek ALC892) & Network (Realtek RTL81xx) default on-board
On-board Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600
**ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Video Card (MAXWELL)**

Results:

Yosemite 10.10 was installed natively on a separate physical drive using tonymacx86’s ‘always up-to-date Hackintosh guide’ on Lifehacker.
Unibeast-Multibeast method.

Unibeast Yosemite USB stick booted using boot flags:
-v
–x
nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=No

After installing all relevant drivers from Multibeast and installing the 343.01.01f01 NVIDIA Web Drivers, Yosemite rebooted with the following boot flags in Chimera:
-v
nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=No
nvda_drv=0

YOSEMITE BOOTED in 1080p on my DELL S2440L BUT with LAGGY MOUSE MOVEMENTS, SCREEN TEARING, INABILITY TO RENDER TRANSPARENCY/TRANSLUCENCY & BROWSER TEXT sometimes appeared like COLORED NOISE/STATIC and blurry. STATIC IMAGES & the OS looked fine but the window title-bars and the login screen were a colorful mess.

‘About This Mac’ would not detect my Video Card and showed the VRAM as 7 MB.

So I installed the 6.5.18 NVIDIA CUDA Drivers and rebooted with the abovementioned boot flags. This time, ‘About This Mac’ recognized the Video Card Name correctly but the VRAM was detected as some random number above 2 GB (my Video Card is a 2 GB GDDR5). Apart from this, all the abovementioned graphics issues persisted.

I even updated to the latest 343.01.01f03 NVIDIA Web Drivers but there was no difference in the outcome.

Finally, I read somewhere that the previous version of CUDA Drivers worked better with the GTX 750 Ti. So I installed the 6.5.14 CUDA Drivers. No difference in the outcome except that ‘About This Mac’ now detected my Video Card as ‘NVIDIA Chip 7 MB’
At the moment, I have finally rolled back to the f01 NVIDIA Web Drivers and the 6.5.14 CUDA Drivers and made my peace with the glitch graphics till a fix comes out.

If I boot without any boot flags and with the
nvda_drv=1 entry in Org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the boot proceeds only to eventually end up in a ‘NO HDMI CABLE’ signal when the login screen is supposed to appear.
I haven’t tried with a VGA cable yet BUT a lot of people owning this exact ASUS card on a lot of forums complained that VGA works fine and the issue is only when connected through DVI or HDMI.

Apparently, the Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Black and the Palit GTX 750 Ti work fully well with the Web Drivers on DVI, VGA and HDMI.

Some people flashed their ASUS cards with Palit’s BIOS and got mixed results. I don’t intend to do any such thing as I’m still an amateur at all this.

Can anybody shed some light on my issue?
Why is this happening with my exact GTX 750 Ti Card?
Is there likely to be a solution in the future (I can be patient) OR am I forever doomed because I bought an ASUS Card?

There’s something called a Maxwell Enabler 0.3 lurking around somewhere on some site, is that going to be of any use in my case?

If you need me to provide any more details for you to understand my issue better, do tell me. This is my first Hackintosh install and I'm an amateur.

Apologies for any mistakes I may have made in terms of my manner of posting or category of posting. I'm new here. I'd be highly obliged if anybody can help me out.

So Surprisingly, I was having trouble getting booted off hard drive without -x and nv_disable=1, for some reason it would only boot from using usb boot loader.. After hours of painstaking I finally got access with mega lag.. I used multibeast to install chimera with extra and general boot options, then I used plaits bios to flash my asus gtx750ti OC which worked 100% booting off hd so all was good. Then installed DSDT and audio, (ethernet already worked xD). So then I was reading about some people using stryks bios. Then I thought wait i have a styx card. So i flashed back my backup bios and it worked!!! ALSO!!! I didn't have any fakesmc.kext so booting from usb was a must for me until multibeast installed it. Mabee it will help someone out. Good Luck Happy Hackintoshin

Heres Upload of .rom Mabee someone can find out why mine works and other dont...View attachment GM107BACKUP.rar

So let me get this straight. You have an ASUS 750 Ti which is NOT Strix and it works natively?

Thanks for your VBIOS. I'll do some testing with it. But for now, tell me the exact name and model of your card and give me a link to your product on the ASUS Website. Also, what is your VBIOS Version? (Like 82.07.xx.xx.xx)

So Surprisingly, I was having trouble getting booted off hard drive without -x and nv_disable=1, for some reason it would only boot from using usb boot loader.. After hours of painstaking I finally got access with mega lag.. I used multibeast to install chimera with extra and general boot options, then I used plaits bios to flash my asus gtx750ti OC which worked 100% booting off hd so all was good. Then installed DSDT and audio, (ethernet already worked xD). So then I was reading about some people using stryks bios. Then I thought wait i have a styx card. So i flashed back my backup bios and it worked!!! ALSO!!! I didn't have any fakesmc.kext so booting from usb was a must for me until multibeast installed it. Mabee it will help someone out. Good Luck Happy Hackintoshin

Heres Upload of .rom Mabee someone can find out why mine works and other dont...View attachment 122836

I am using the ASUS GTX750TI OC card that i had flashed to the Palit Bios but didnt work, so i tried yours.
I used your Bios for the card but unfortunately i am only getting one DVI working and VGA doesnt work along side it, HDMI does not work and my second DVI restarts the computer interestingly...
It boots fine, am i doing something wrong, I am running clover, with no nv-disable=1, with no nvda_drv=1 but i am injecting Nvidia.

Can anyone help me, I am trying to have my dual monitors back after a failure in my internal graphics.

EDIT:

Ok so got the HDMI going with latest update to 10.10.2 and the latest webdrivers using Superdaves GPU rom. Im happy enough but would like the second DVI to work if anyones got a fix for that let me know, I am going to be running 3 screens soon hopefulley.

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello, I have the exact same problem with a Gainward GTX 760 Phantom on Yosemite 10.10.1. What can I do? System report says it's installed in a x8 lane with 0MB VRAM. This is incorrect, it's in a x16.

I attach a screenshot from System Report.

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 11.07.42 PM.png

Its not only the Asus one... The gigabyte one also has that problem I have the gigabyte one with windforce 2 fans one with dual HDMI that only works on analogue VGA \dvi-i

incorrect, I have the gigabyte model and it works fine with hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back