Contribute
Register

SUCCESSFUL Yosemite Install with ASUS GTX 750 Ti - but with HDMI not working on NVIDIA Web Drivers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about having the bootloader load a VBIOS? Any idea how one can do that?

I saw post on how to do that in the post below, however I didn't have success with this.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/144360-nvidia-geforce-gt430-yosemite-2.html

1.You should have working Windows platform.Use GPU-z to extract the bios from your graphic card. Rename the file ( normally with .rom extension) according to the graphic card ID (You can see the ID also in the GPU-Z), into something like this : 10de_0615.rom
10de is common for Nvidia card, You shoul only change the second part according to the ID You've found out.
2.If You are using Clover as bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into EFI/CLOVER/ROM, add flag LOADVBIOS and thats it.
3.If You are using chameleon/chimera bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into Extra folder , and also add the loadvbios=yes in configurationboot.plist.

Let me know how it goes.

im not gonna do that because i risk bricking my card...

Although the graphics are installed but when loaded with graphics like safemode nv_disable=1 command works as if it did not mounted.
The Help Forum so I could try installing now
Help please

is there a risk of bricking or breaking anything in my system??

and also what bios do i use?

Since you will be loading another vendor bios, get Palit bios from below:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/154997/Palit.GTX750Ti.2048.140214.rom

Like I mentioned before I tried this and it did not work for me. If somebody who done this before to load another vendor bios, please chime in and correct me. I am just repeating the steps I found in another post on TonyMac.

1.Download the bio's for Palit GTX 750 Ti from the link above.
2.If You are using Clover as bootloader, put the Palit Bios (.rom) into EFI/CLOVER/ROM, add flag LOADVBIOS and thats it.
3.If You are using chameleon/chimera bootloader, P
alit Bios (.rom) into Extra folder , and also add the loadvbios=yes in configurationboot.plist.

That doesn't work in Clover.
Thought I can load different VBIOS via that clover key and deviceID.rom file - with all conditions met I see no information aboult loading external VBIOS in the clover log. System Profiler also shows only original VBIOS loaded.

Thanks for the pointing out flash option, I was unable to get it working on yosemite. Flashed with Palit bios and disabled graphics injector on clover, butter smooth for now :)

Thanks for the pointing out flash option, I was unable to get it working on yosemite. Flashed with Palit bios and disabled graphics injector on clover, butter smooth for now :)

does it work with hdmi??? also did you flash it on to the card or using chameleon/clover?

Although the graphics are installed but when loaded with graphics like safemode nv_disable=1 command works as if it did not mounted.
The Help Forum so I could try installing now 3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back