Contribute
Register

SUCCESSFUL Yosemite Install with ASUS GTX 750 Ti - but with HDMI not working on NVIDIA Web Drivers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !
I tried to flash my Asus to Palit but NVflash tell me that's it's not compatible :( How did you do to falsh your card?

Thx

EDIT:
Ok, I fixed that and know os X is working well !!!

For the others,

in the CMD.exe type that :

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash -6 romfile.rom
nvflash --proctecton

then reboot and everything should be good !

This was grand! Mine now works. FYI... the latest GPU BIOS from nVidia does not work with OS X. I used the latest from Palit and now both my DVI ports are working. The only thing that is goofy is that ir doesn't show that I have 2 gigs of DDR5 memory on the video card. I can live with that.

Thanks again for the tip.

Dan

Update:
My card is the ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti PH Series (PH is the one with the single fan) https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/

and my VBIOS is GTX750TI VB Ver 82.07.25.00.AS11 as shown by the official ASUS GPU Tweak Tool and Ver 82.07.25.00.13 as per GPU-Z.

Question
A lot of people, as I mentioned before, who owned a GTX 750 Ti other than the one made by ASUS managed to get the card working perfectly with the latest web-drivers. A few others, claimed that the issue was with ASUS's BIOS and flashing it with Palit's BIOS fixed the HDMI/DVI issue for them.

I didn't want to actually flash and change my GPU's BIOS so I kept exploring options to load another vendor's BIOS for my card through a bootloader only when Yosemite loads. Unfortunately, I didn't find any comprehensive steps that outlined the process.

I was thinking, maybe, you devs could figure out exactly what is making HDMI and DVI work with Palit's BIOS that ASUS's BIOS prevents and figure out a way to get the ASUS cards working fully with HDMI/DVI on Yosemite?

Maybe a hybrid ASUS BIOS ROM that incorporates only the necessary changes that exist in Palit's BIOS with the rest of the BIOS remaining the same. Is that possible?

If you'd like, I could upload the saved BIOS of my card if you'd like to analyse it or something.

Update:
My card is the ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti PH Series (PH is the one with the single fan) https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/

and my VBIOS is GTX750TI VB Ver 82.07.25.00.AS11 as shown by the official ASUS GPU Tweak Tool and Ver 82.07.25.00.13 as per GPU-Z.

Question
A lot of people, as I mentioned before, who owned a GTX 750 Ti other than the one made by ASUS managed to get the card working perfectly with the latest web-drivers. A few others, claimed that the issue was with ASUS's BIOS and flashing it with Palit's BIOS fixed the HDMI/DVI issue for them.

I didn't want to actually flash and change my GPU's BIOS so I kept exploring options to load another vendor's BIOS for my card through a bootloader only when Yosemite loads. Unfortunately, I didn't find any comprehensive steps that outlined the process.

I was thinking, maybe, you devs could figure out exactly what is making HDMI and DVI work with Palit's BIOS that ASUS's BIOS prevents and figure out a way to get the ASUS cards working fully with HDMI/DVI on Yosemite?

Maybe a hybrid ASUS BIOS ROM that incorporates only the necessary changes that exist in Palit's BIOS with the rest of the BIOS remaining the same. Is that possible?

If you'd like, I could upload the saved BIOS of my card if you'd like to analyse it or something.

Its not only the Asus one... The gigabyte one also has that problem I have the gigabyte one with windforce 2 fans one with dual HDMI that only works on analogue VGA \dvi-i

Stork, do you think your guide will work for the ASUS card too? The only difference I can find in our methods is that I always had the 750 Ti plugged in, while you unplugged it and then re-plugged it. How much of a difference should that make technically speaking?

Can you explain what the unplugging and re-plugging exactly does, to make our methods different?

Just wanna let you guys know that this forum is an awesome platform and without you I would not be what it is. I just "kinda" finished my build and can say that I'm a proud owner of a working Asus GTX750TI PH now. It was a hard battle, I flashed the bios 3 times and once it was a blind flash but finally got it working with the Strix VBIOS.

There're still some unsolved issues but most things are working so far.
MSI Z97I AC (Mini ITX in Node 304 case)
I5 4460
Asus GTX 750TI PH
Crucial 250GB SSD
Asus PB248Q
BeQuiet 400W PSU

Used Clover and Yosemite 10.10.1 and most things worked out of the box.
I wouldn't recommend the MSI Motherboard since the miniPcie Wifi/BT adapter that came with it is pretty much worthless. I might update that someday but as for mow, I don't need wifi on this Desktop PC.
My only issue right now is the sleep mode, wich is working fine apart from the fact that the only way to wake is by Power button :(

So let me know what you think.
Cheers
T.

tdeus!

Just the man I was looking for.

My card is an ASUS GTX750TI - PH - 2GB DDR5. I assume yours is the same.
Even I have done a Clover install.

A few questions for you -
1. Isn't the STRIX BIOS a little too overclocked for our cards?
2. Is the card stable with the STRIX BIOS? General activity / Temperatures / Clock Speeds / Fan Speed / Power Management?
3. Noticed any unstable behaviour whatsoever?
4. Are all ports working? HDMI / both DVI? (VGA was always working)
5. Is it working stably with Windows? What do GPU-Z / GeForce Control Panel / GeForce Experience application show?
6. Is the in-game performance of the card stable on Windows with the new VBIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back