Contribute
Register

[Success] PK's HTPC: i7-8700K | ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX | 16GB | UHD 630 | High Sierra

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
E3-1231-V3
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
Ok latest update is that I was able to get everything except Thunderbolt up and running. I am connecting an Apollo Twin via TB3 > TB2 adapter and system profiler says nothing is connected and UA console doesn't see device. Any assistance with this would be really appreciated as I am using this machine as my daily driver in my home studio and need thunderbolt for my interface.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI AMD RX480/8GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Does the Twin work in Windows? Check that first before you try OSX. Did you activare the TB driver and update the TB firmware? This has to be done in Windows, no way around this.
Are we talkng about a Z97 system here? Is your sig up-to-date?

Motherboard
ASrock z370 Fatal1ty Gaming mini-ITX/ac
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 3.7GHz (4.7GHz Turbo)
Graphics
Intel UHD630/Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Are you using Clover? Under Devices in Configurator, tick the checkbox that says "UseIntelHDMI."
This does nothing for me.

Motherboard
ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok latest update is that I was able to get everything except Thunderbolt up and running. I am connecting an Apollo Twin via TB3 > TB2 adapter and system profiler says nothing is connected and UA console doesn't see device. Any assistance with this would be really appreciated as I am using this machine as my daily driver in my home studio and need thunderbolt for my interface.
Any luck with the UAD Apollo>?

Motherboard
ASRock z370 Fatality ITX
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1070
Any luck with the UAD Apollo>?
I have a Apollo Twin Duo up and running with a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor. I followed a bunch of guides and got there without much understanding of what exactly I was doing but if you have any specific questions I can share my config.plist and bios settings.

Motherboard
ASRock z370 Fatality ITX
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1070
Performance and Temperatures
This new machine is suuuuper quiet and cool. Part of this is my fans. Part is the case. My idle temps average 25C. At load its mid 50Cs. With my 5.2Gz OC, idle temps are about the same because of the power management. Under load, hitting mid 60Cs which is damn good. When stress tested, temps maxed out at 78C. This is quite impressive in my view.

See my Geekbench 4 results (stock and OC) at the end.
Hey I may be doing something wrong but I cannot see any Geekbench images at the end. Super curious to see what you achieved!

I'm running an almost identical set up to yours except with a 1070 but I'm having a lot of performance issues. I'm only getting Geekbench single core scores of 5800 while getting 6500 while in windows. Whats more is that performance of any single threaded process within Adobe CC is much slower then what the benchmarks would account for.

Tried running the power management ktext but keep getting this permissions error:

failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Any thoughts on what I could be missing overall?

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
Intel Core i3-8350K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
I have a Apollo Twin Duo up and running with a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor. I followed a bunch of guides and got there without much understanding of what exactly I was doing but if you have any specific questions I can share my config.plist and bios settings.
LGLGLGLG, please share your config.plist and BIOS settings! And list of your kexts, if you will. I've stuck to make my thunderbolt working. Only FireWire mode works, and it's very very unstable. Really need this to work, but in subject topic there is no clear explanation on how to do that. Thanks.

Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Fatal1ty Clover
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
LGLGLGLG, please share your config.plist and BIOS settings! And list of your kexts, if you will. I've stuck to make my thunderbolt working. Only FireWire mode works, and it's very very unstable. Really need this to work, but in subject topic there is no clear explanation on how to do that. Thanks.
Please share your info. I got this Fatal1ty Gaming-iTX precisely for the TB3 port. want to use it with the Apogee Element...
thanks