Contribute
Register

[Success] PK's HTPC: i7-8700K | ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX | 16GB | UHD 630 | High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, from what I understand the ASrock MBs are Thunderbolt ready.I took it to mean that when you add the Arock Thunderbolt AIC card your good to go. Is that not the case?

Hey guys, from what I understand the ASrock MBs are Thunderbolt ready.I took it to mean that when you add the ASRock Thunderbolt AIC card your good to go. Is that not the case?
All I can speak to is ONBOARD Thunderbolt, working on my GA Z270X-UD5.
Basically, I am preferring the Thunderbolt port on the Motherboard, though those are certainly few and far between.
When I was looking at 'TB card capable' MBs, it seemed the cards were really hard to find - just not much happening IMO... for whatever its worth.
I have bought a new ASRock with onboard Tbolt, but have not proven it yet in Mac world.

Yes, I can see them.
If you can see them your better than all of us, because your the only one. on the whole forum.

If you can see them your better than all of us, because your the only one. on the whole forum.
@Stork sees the images because of his Admin privileges, the OP has neglected to make them public so that they are invisible to everyone else.

@Stork sees the images because of his Admin privileges, the OP has neglected to make them public so that they are invisible to everyone else.
We should have the mandatory Build Template invisible to us (not availble to the public), then we would never see anyone's work as only a few have admin priveledges and then the Admis can comment on these invisible builds we can't see, and we all go crazy....

All I can speak to is ONBOARD Thunderbolt, working on my GA Z270X-UD5.
Basically, I am preferring the Thunderbolt port on the Motherboard, though those are certainly few and far between.
When I was looking at 'TB card capable' MBs, it seemed the cards were really hard to find - just not much happening IMO... for whatever its worth.
I have bought a new ASRock with onboard Tbolt, but have not proven it yet in Mac world.
I have had success with my Asrock Taichi and Asrock Thunderbolt 3 AIC card.All audio interfaces and drives working perfectly.My only issue is I have to boot into Windows first then restart into OSX 10.13.6 without powering down.I believe there is a solution to this but the current work around isn't such a problem adding only 1 minute to my boot regime.Very happy !!! Geekbench 3 -28600

Hello, I'm using the same motherboard. But the macOS getting very lag randomly. And, when I run the diagnostic from Activity Monitor (See photo), the macOS gets a Panic . Anyone else has this problem ??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.21.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.21.52 PM.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 69
PK’s Media Server “Overclocked” Coffee Lake Build:
ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX | i7-8700K | UHD 630

Thanks for documenting this build. I'm going to do the same build but with air cooling in a Lian-Li PC-TU200 case with a Vega 64 GPU for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back