Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - i5 4690k - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same mobo and cpu, but have an MSI GTX 970. Here's what I did. I had only one SSD hooked up (the one you want to install OSX on). Take the GPU out of the system and set it off to the side. Follow the guide exactly and install everything without the GPU. Once you are done and can boot without the USB and everything else is stable, then you can download the GPU drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/96651/en-us

Install them then shut down, install the GPU back into the system and then start up again and it should be working. This is what I did

I'm trying to install Yosemite on my new PC with MSI Z97-Gaming 5 and Core i5-4460. (No GPU)I updated UEFI as in your screenshots, but cannot boot with the USB. Sometimes the USB is displayed in the UEFI boot menu, but cannot boot from the USB. Both clover method and unibeast/clover do not work for me. Other bootable disks such as ubuntu works fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Resolved!

It appears to be a problem in the Yosemite image. Created a USB with el capitan and it works. Previously I didn't get the EFI partition of the USB with Yosemite, EFI was a folder only. Managed to get El capitan up and running without any apparent prblems.

hi, i'm trying to install follow your instruction but i still get panic cpu 0 unable to find driver for this platform acpi. do you have any recommendation for this problem( i check the instruction several time) thanks

When I first installed toledos method and restarted audio was perfect. I tinkered with Clovers settings to add dual boot with windows 8 and also turned off Legacy in Clovers settings when it scans for Legacy devices maybe that screwed something up. I'm going to try a couple more things and also try the pike alpha fix (didn't think it supported ALC1150).
Hello alle! I use my audio kext from OS X Yosemite, used also on El Capitan, and also works on OS X Sierra what I changed some settings on the kext. Only problem is With Dual Boot Windows 10 x64 when I restart the pc from Windows and boot next time on OS X Sierra I don't have sound, I need shut down the pc and next boot on OS X audio works. The same problem I get on the previous version of the OS X's. You can try this kext maybe some one know the fix with Dual boot Windows with OS X here is the file. My motherboard MSI Gaming 5.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160.9 KB · Views: 165
Is this machine working with MacOS Sierra?

I’m having the same problem as lunknowl getting cpu 0 error setup bios just like shown have the current bios as of today installing Sierra thanks for any help

I’m having the same problem as lunknowl getting cpu 0 error setup bios just like shown have the current bios as of today installing Sierra thanks for any help

How did you setup your USB and config plist? Also I don't have the latest bios with this board, I'm still on the bios version that it shipped with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back