Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - i5 4690k - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then are those screenshots of your config.plist configurator just stock then or did you end up having to change a lot of settings in that section?

Everything worked right out of the box. All I did was create a definition for iMac 14,2 and generated a smuuid. I just did an El Captain install and everything worked right out of the box as well too. What problems are you having?

Everything worked right out of the box. All I did was create a definition for iMac 14,2 and generated a smuuid. I just did an El Captain install and everything worked right out of the box as well too. What problems are you having?

Well I guess I didnt use the config.plist the second time (I thought I did) and I had it working, sort of. I am trying to dual boot W10 and OSX. I wasnt able to get into the W10 os and had trouble getting into OSX when installing my GPU (MSI 970). I think one of the issues was that I could have stacked one clover bootloader ontop of the other (if thats possible). I am going to try again from scratch.

I know your build doesn't have a graphics card, but any tips for that after the install?

So I'm running into a little bit of trouble. I had my dual boot hackintosh running pretty good before. But today I tried reinstalling Windows to UEFI instead of BIOS because I was annoyed by the fact that to boot into windows I had to escape the bootloader instead of choose windows. I read somewhere awhile ago that this was because of Windows being installed to the bios instead of UEFI.

Now when I boot up the computer it just goes straight to windows. I have all the same hardware and settings are all the same.

I was wondering, what does your "Settings\Boot\UEFI\ Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities" boot options look like?

Edit: When I disconnect the Windows Partition It just boots into the EFI Shell, and the Settings\Boot\UEFI\ Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities" has "Boot Option #1 [Disabled]"

So I'm running into a little bit of trouble. I had my dual boot hackintosh running pretty good before. But today I tried reinstalling Windows to UEFI instead of BIOS because I was annoyed by the fact that to boot into windows I had to escape the bootloader instead of choose windows. I read somewhere awhile ago that this was because of Windows being installed to the bios instead of UEFI.

Now when I boot up the computer it just goes straight to windows. I have all the same hardware and settings are all the same.

I was wondering, what does your "Settings\Boot\UEFI\ Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities" boot options look like?

Edit: When I disconnect the Windows Partition It just boots into the EFI Shell, and the Settings\Boot\UEFI\ Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities" has "Boot Option #1 [Disabled]"

Before I even installed OS X, I had Windows installed first for a couple months, then I installed OS X on separate HDD and later transferred to SSD. Only thing I did for Windows to boot was add the Windows' EFI UUID to Clover so it came up as a selection under clover. I haven't had any problems, and I'm sure Windows was installed under BIOS when I first built this rig. I'll look into my BIOS and let you know how I got it set. Run terminal, get the UUID of Windows EFI partition and add it as boot option in Clover. Also, make sure your first boot priority is set to OS X's EFI for Clover. Let me know what you find out.

I may build a PC like this one...

Hey bro! I hope you can help me out a bit here...
I'm building a Gaming PC which I'll also dual boot with Mac OS X El Capitan.
It will also have a GPU so.. yeah... if you could help me out with that, it would be noice.
The Parts are as following:
MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (Same as yours)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K (Same as yours)
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB (The regular black and red one)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB Kit 1600MHz (The nice black ones)
PSU: Corsair PSU CXM Series 750W 80+ Bronze CX750M Modular (The 750W Modular one)
SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB (Windows boot drive)
HDD: WD Blue Desktop HDD 2TB (Data drive)
2ND HDD: Toshiba Desktop HDD 500GB 7200RPM (OS X Drive)
OPTICAL DRIVES: Samsung Internal Optical Desktop SH-224FB (DVD Burner/Reader)
TOWER: Corsair Obsidian Full Tower
Thanks in advance!

Hey bro! I hope you can help me out a bit here...
I'm building a Gaming PC which I'll also dual boot with Mac OS X El Capitan.
It will also have a GPU so.. yeah... if you could help me out with that, it would be noice.
The Parts are as following:
MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (Same as yours)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K (Same as yours)
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB (The regular black and red one)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB Kit 1600MHz (The nice black ones)
PSU: Corsair PSU CXM Series 750W 80+ Bronze CX750M Modular (The 750W Modular one)
SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB (Windows boot drive)
HDD: WD Blue Desktop HDD 2TB (Data drive)
2ND HDD: Toshiba Desktop HDD 500GB 7200RPM (OS X Drive)
OPTICAL DRIVES: Samsung Internal Optical Desktop SH-224FB (DVD Burner/Reader)
TOWER: Corsair Obsidian Full Tower
Thanks in advance!

Hi! Same for ME!! Very intrested to know how i have to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back