Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI B360 Gaming Plus - i7 8700 - GTX 1070 - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sir, any link for how to instal the aptiofix and remove the cpus=1 thing? I have same build like you but 1080

Many thanks

Its not B360's fault. I think it because of you are using MSI. All MSI motherboards need OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of OsxAptioFx2Drv.efi :lol:

I have requested @tonymacx86 to include this driver as option for MSI boards in Unibeast & Multibeast .
Even MSI Laptops?

First of all, I am so sorry for the delay in my replies. I've been SLAMMED with work, and my wife is pregnant, so i've been all over the place lately.

@MESwan can you share the guide you followed to get iMessage working? Also do you experience losing monitor functionality during boot? It does not happen all the time but there are situations where I lose my monitor functionality after booting and can't get it working again unless I reboot.

That guide is here.

I never experienced a full on black screen that didn't resolve with my GTX1070, though connection would drop as the dual link would initiate just before the login screen.

I am beginner in hackintosh. I have about the same configuration as you @MESwan but I don't now how configure config.plist
MB : MSI B360 Gaming pro carbon
CPU: I7 8700 3.7gHz
RAM: G.skill sniper x series 16 go DDR4 2666 MHz cl19
GC: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4G
SSD: SSD 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 go
HDD: Toshiba 4To

I don't succeed to install Mac OS H Sierra...
Is my configuration is compatible ?

I get the prohibiting sign at 3/4 of the loading bar behind the Apple logo when i launch the installation..

Sorry for my English

There are enough differences in our boards to make it impossible to follow exactly. Also note, that my boot drive is a standard SSD, while yours looks to be an M.2 NVMe. I'm not 100% certain if that could be related, because I can't remember if NVMe was supported at 10.13 or on a point release (10.13.2 for instance). What version of HS are you attempting to install?

I attached a (slightly) modified version of my config.plist. I don't fully expect it to work 100%, but it may get you started.

Attachments

• config-generate.plist
    11.9 KB · Views: 232
I have a similar setup to yours, MESwan: Gigabyte AORUS B360 MOBO and Sapphire Radeon RX580. It's my first Hackintosh (Mojave), and I'm having some trouble. Sleep awakes OK, but if I let it go it will eventually reboot. My system works great for a few minutes then it responds slowly and eventually just stops responding altogether except for the cursor. My GeekBench scores are decent: CPU Multi-core - 19255 and Compute OpenCL - 143412. These were taken when the system was responding slowly. Could you post your kext files and config.plist file for your Mohave build? Thank you.

I have a similar setup to yours, MESwan: Gigabyte AORUS B360 MOBO and Sapphire Radeon RX580. It's my first Hackintosh (Mojave), and I'm having some trouble. Sleep awakes OK, but if I let it go it will eventually reboot. My system works great for a few minutes then it responds slowly and eventually just stops responding altogether except for the cursor. My GeekBench scores are decent: CPU Multi-core - 19255 and Compute OpenCL - 143412. These were taken when the system was responding slowly. Could you post your kext files and config.plist file for your Mohave build? Thank you.

Sure.

FakeSMC (And all supporting kexts)
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen

Double check you're using the correct system profile (I use iMac18,3), and that you have correct power management implemented. You could also be suffering from disk sleep. Try turning that off in System Preferences.

Attachments

• config-gen.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 141
Sure.

FakeSMC (And all supporting kexts)
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen

Double check you're using the correct system profile (I use iMac18,3), and that you have correct power management implemented. You could also be suffering from disk sleep. Try turning that off in System Preferences.

Thank you for the files and information. I think you might have given me your 10.13 config file since the 10.13 port limit fix was in it rather than the 10.14 fix. I replaced it and substituted your file with a few necessary minor edits and used your kext files. The result is almost identical to what I had before. The system slows down after a while and then just freezes (all but the cursor). Also, I found that I had to set slide=1 to get it to boot sometimes. If you have the 10.14 config file for the B360 and RX580 and list of kexts, I'd appreciate getting them.

Thank you.

Thank you for the files and information. I think you might have given me your 10.13 config file since the 10.13 port limit fix was in it rather than the 10.14 fix. I replaced it and substituted your file with a few necessary minor edits and used your kext files. The result is almost identical to what I had before. The system slows down after a while and then just freezes (all but the cursor). Also, I found that I had to set slide=1 to get it to boot sometimes. If you have the 10.14 config file for the B360 and RX580 and list of kexts, I'd appreciate getting them.

Thank you.

No, I gave you what I am currently using. I did a direct update to Mojave on a cloned drive. I use a custom SSDT for ports.

When NOT using the kernel offset (slide=0), does it fail to boot consistently?

Which OsxAptioFix are you using in EFI/Clover/Drivers64? What are your current boot flags?

No, I gave you what I am currently using. I did a direct update to Mojave on a cloned drive. I use a custom SSDT for ports.

When NOT using the kernel offset (slide=0), does it fail to boot consistently?

Which OsxAptioFix are you using in EFI/Clover/Drivers64? What are your current boot flags?

Thanks for the quick reply. I disabled the 10.13 port limit patch and added the 10.14 patch. It fails to boot most of the time without the slide-0 boot option. I think it hangs failing to allocate dynamic memory. One other thing - the Clover boot loader only gives me one option from which to boot - my main SSD. My prior configuration offered me four options. I can't seem to get it to give me the other options.

I’m using the following 64UEFI drivers: apfsDriverLoader-64, DataHubDxe-64, FSInject-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, SMCHelper, and VBoxHFS-64. I've included my config and kext files.

Boot flags are: slide=0, dart=0, and nv_disable=1, darkwake=0

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 70
  • kexts.zip
    477.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back