Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI B360 Gaming Plus - i7 8700 - GTX 1070 - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIP is disabled within the Clover config file I sent over. Do you have the "Prevent Hard Disk Sleep' checked in System Preferences?

Make sure your IGPU is disabled in your Bios.

I have nothing checked in Energy Saver and IGPU is disabled.

SIP is disabled within the Clover config file I sent over. Do you have the "Prevent Hard Disk Sleep' checked in System Preferences?

Make sure your IGPU is disabled in your Bios.
I ran EtreCheck while it was performing slowly. Oddly enough, it evaluated the performance at Excellent. I've attached the report in case you can detect anything unusual. While running Activity Monitor, I noticed that a root program called DumpGPURestart was frequently ot top of the CPU processes, taking 94% of CPU.

Attachments

• iMac 2018-11-06.zip
    190.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I ran EtreCheck while it was performing slowly. Oddly enough, it evaluated the performance at Excellent. I've attached the report in case you can detect anything unusual. While running Activity Monitor, I noticed that a root program called DumpGPURestart was frequently ot top of the CPU processes, taking 94% of CPU.
Success! I upgraded to 10.14.1 this morning and now I have no processor slowdown. Before I upgraded I noticed that the processor was unknown in "About This MAC" whereas after upgrading it reports the correct processor. Sleep appears to be working properly as well. Thank you, MESwan, for your help.

Success! I upgraded to 10.14.1 this morning and now I have no processor slowdown. Before I upgraded I noticed that the processor was unknown in "About This MAC" whereas after upgrading it reports the correct processor. Sleep appears to be working properly as well. Thank you, MESwan, for your help.

Ayy! Congratulations my dude! I'm super excited to hear you had success after the update. Was the update painless?

Ayy! Congratulations my dude! I'm super excited to hear you had success after the update. Was the update painless?
Absolutely painless. I had to make zero changes after the update. Thanks again for your help.

I added a Fenvi T919 WIFI/BT card so I could use my wireless keyboard and mouse. WIFI works great OB but BT doesn't work at all. It just says, "Bluetooth: Not available." WIFI is awesome. I subscribe to 600 Mb/s and I'm getting 640 at last reading. I've scoured the posts for BT problems with this card, but haven't gotten any help. Do you have any experience with it?

I don't, I'm sorry! I'm using the Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC from OSXWIFI on Amazon. Make sure you don't have any related BT kexts installed from trying to get other BT solutions working. That was something I ran into initially (trying to get handoff/continuity working with a USB Dongle) but once I removed my attempted hacks for it, everything ran buttery smooth.

Absolutely painless. I had to make zero changes after the update. Thanks again for your help.

I added a Fenvi T919 WIFI/BT card so I could use my wireless keyboard and mouse. WIFI works great OB but BT doesn't work at all. It just says, "Bluetooth: Not available." WIFI is awesome. I subscribe to 600 Mb/s and I'm getting 640 at last reading. I've scoured the posts for BT problems with this card, but haven't gotten any help. Do you have any experience with it?
When this happens, it usually is the USB power connector from the card to the USB header is not plugged in. So, check the connection.

Thanks. I opened it up and unconnected and reconnected each end of the BT cable. But I still have no BT. I checked to ensure that I have no drivers or kexts related to BT. And I don't think I do. I've attached my EFI in case someone wants to check. Thanks. Otherwise, everything on my system works great.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 179
@MESwan

I pretty much followed your guide and have had a perfectly working hackintosh. I wanted to copy what you did and got myself a sapphire radeon RX 580 Nitro, installed it and copied your boot flags. The problem is when I try to boot it gets to the apple and progress bar then the display just turns off. I tried uninstalling the nvidia webdrivers but the raulta are the same. Any tip or trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back