Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Monterey12.1 Z97X-UD3H Haswell i7-4790K HD4600

Ok, good to know about Ventura not being stable.

So is the general procedure still:
  1. Prepare install media.
  2. install.
  3. Run some post install utility (which? ) or do i just copy/update EFI partition manually.
you will have to remove your unsupported nvidia card

after installation, mount EFI from USB, copy EFi folder to desktop

remove usb

mount EFI on hard drive, copy over EFI folder to EFI partition

Perfect, thanks! I'll go try it now.

OpenCore boot fails at `Grabbed zero system-id for SB.`

IMG_7055.jpg

Ok, I'm past that, never mind.

If you need any other help you may want to have a look at this Monterey guide for a similar Haswell system (same HD4600 IGPU).

There are a couple of EFI's available in that thread.

Post #1 OC 0.7.5.

Post #49 OC 0.7.9.

This thread has a guide for installing Ventura on a Haswell system, again similar to yours, except the IGPU is disabled in the bios and I have used a compatible AMD GPU for all graphics processing.

Post #1 OC 0.8.3

Post #40 has screenshots showing the Bios settings used for Ventura.

Other than the IGPU settings, the rest of the bios settings should be set the same on your Z97X-UD3H board running Monterey.

Thanks for the links above. I will definitely check that out.

Right now however I'm unable to boot at all, with every option always saying: 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device'.

I've tried every option it offers me in the BIOS, in fact I see a lot of old stale entries in there, including multiple instances of 'Mac OSX'.

I'm kind of fully stuck now at this point. I can't even boot from the install USB either. Not sure how to proceed.

Ok, after much faffing, and finding an extra EFI/ folder in my EFI/ Folder, it boots now.

Ok it's going pretty good. The first thing I'd like to fix is to get a higher resolution out of my setup. I'm uisng the built in HD 4600 (2048Mb) and a Dell U3014. The max resolution I can get is 1920x1080. Any ideas?

Back