Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR5 + i5 12400F + AMD RX 6600 + Triple Boot(Mac + Windows + Linux)

geekbench 5 should be around 1750 single and 10000 multi, r15 cinebench around 1700, r23 about 12300

geekbench 5 should be around 1750 single and 10000 multi, r15 cinebench around 1700, r23 about 12300
Are you talking about the same i5 12400 or different cpu?

ofc 12400f, its the best cpu for the money to build computers since it launched, expecially for hackintosh where ecores are useless

here are our benchmark results with geekbench 6 and cinebench r15

Attachments

• Screenshot z690ud i5-12400f.png
    Screenshot z690ud i5-12400f.png
    893.2 KB · Views: 93
I have the DDR4 version of this motherboard and 13700k/6600xt and hoped that your EFIs would be a great starting point for me. But in reality I can't even get to the Opencore picker. All I get is the "reboot and select proper boot device" message.

I've checked that the USB IS actually bootable on my old hackintosh. It seems fine there and I can get to the installer easily enough. So I doubt there was an error in creating the USB. I have the MacOSX 12.x installer on the main partition and your USB EFI partition. Although I've tried several other EFIs as well. And a debug version of Opencore.

What I found different in the BIOS settings is that I had to enable CSM to even be able to see the USB at all. Which you didn't mention. Also I'm on BIOS v23 and you don't specify which version of the BIOS you have...? Could you tell me @poles what BIOS version you are on?

I've been doing hacks for a long time now and this is the first time I haven't been able to get to the boot menu.

Last edited:
Never mind... turned out to be a mishap with folder structure. I can boot into opencore at least now.

Last edited:
Good day, I was having a challenge running Ventura on my system which has a z690 UD DDR4. However, once install Ventura is selected, during verbose I see where it says AHCI initiated; then I get a halt message with a prohibited sign. Not sure what is causing this as I am unable to run Ventura on this setup. Monterey ran flawless up until I tried to update to Ventura.

@Rhys_Pieces

See if you can update your EFI to Opencore v0.9.4 including the main kexts Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC & VirtualSMC. It should allow you to boot Ventura.

@Rhys_Pieces

See if you can update your EFI to Opencore v0.9.4 including the main kexts Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC & VirtualSMC. It should allow you to boot Ventura.
Tried that and the machine doesn't boot not sure why I literally had to reinstall Monterey to be able to boot.

Tried that and the machine doesn't boot not sure why I literally had to reinstall Monterey to be able to boot.
Okay. If that doesn’t work try to disable Misc > Security > SecureBootMode

Back