Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for these rapid updates but I've hit progress! I modified the EFI folder created by Clover and pulled some files that were missing over from sharks EFI he provided and I was able to boot in!! High Sierra is installing on my SSD right now. Fingers crossed:thumbup:

Nope, it's not a kit - it's handcrafted :) I wrote a short blog entry (german) about it. If you are interested in some details feel free to ask :)

I never ran into any problems with USB. I just chose this option and everything seems to work.

But maybe I have missed something? Just give me a hint with scenario to test. The only thing I couldn't test is the USB 3.1 Gen 2 speed, because I don't have such a device.

The only problem I have is this annoying reboot after shutdown behaviour. I tried to enable ErP, but this has also no effect. Wakeup on LAN is disabled in macOS and BIOS.

i will read the blog entry with the help of google translate. thanks!

for the USB thing i think if you read pastrychef's Z370 build thread there is some detail about the USB stuff. apparently it is not good enough to just increase the port limit, although some guides say it does work. it is not totally clear to me.

Sorry for these rapid updates but I've hit progress! I modified the EFI folder created by Clover and pulled some files that were missing over from sharks EFI he provided and I was able to boot in!! High Sierra is installing on my SSD right now. Fingers crossed:thumbup:

No problem re the updates, just glad you're finally getting somewhere.:thumbup:

i will read the blog entry with the help of google translate. thanks!

for the USB thing i think if you read pastrychef's Z370 build thread there is some detail about the USB stuff. apparently it is not good enough to just increase the port limit, although some guides say it does work. it is not totally clear to me.

Yes, the 15-port limiting patch does work but it should be considered temporary if you are serious about your build. The reason is a properly defined set of configurations for your ports means they should act as expected. A USB 3.0 port is treated differently from a USB 2.0 by the OS. A motherboard header for your (perhaps) Bluetooth adapter needs special consideration otherwise it will prevent your hackintosh from staying asleep. A USB-C port needs treating differently too.

As Apple impose an arbitrary 15-port limit on their motherboards, and third-party boards, apart from ITX boards, usually have more than that, we define in, and define out the ports we are going to make use of.

Using the port patch is absolutely fine but it doesn't take into account different port types particularly well. So creating your own definition, although fiddly, is a good idea.

Hope that helps!

:)

Last edited:
No problem re the updates, just glad you're finally getting somewhere.:thumbup:

So I finally finished my install with MultiBeast! Safari is acting slow when loading videos and Google Chrome is acting strange as well. Trying to check if everything works but everything is looking good so far:clap:

So I finally finished my install with MultiBeast! Safari is acting slow when loading videos and Google Chrome is acting strange as well. Trying to check if everything works but everything is looking good so far:clap:

Good news!

If you're using the iGPU of the 8600K it's probably a UHD630, like mine. I'm wondering if this is slightly different to the 7th gen HD630, although I've seen no one mentioning it. Are you using IntelGraphicFixup and Lilu to give you acceleration? I haven't tried iGPU myself in depth, but I would check the developer's repositories for the latest versions etc. Might be the cause of laggy video etc.

Good news!

If you're using the iGPU of the 8600K it's probably a UHD630, like mine. I'm wondering if this is slightly different to the 7th gen HD630, although I've seen no one mentioning it. Are you using IntelGraphicFixup and Lilu to give you acceleration? I haven't tried iGPU myself in depth, but I would check the developer's repositories for the latest versions etc. Might be the cause of laggy video etc.

Looking at my EFI I used I on my USB I those Kexts are missing! That could just be my issue. I would use Kextbeast to install these correct?

Looking at my EFI I used I on my USB I those Kexts are missing! That could just be my issue. I would use Kextbeast to install these correct?

If you are using the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition for kexts, no. KextBeast will not put them there. It only offers S/L/E & L/E on the main partition.

For the EFI / EFI folder just copy them in and reboot. Don't alter the USB stick if it is working! That can act as a backup if anything ones awry etc. Just in the EFI folder on your HDD/SDD etc.

If you are using the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition for kexts, no. KextBeast will not put them there. It only offers S/L/E & L/E on the main partition.

For the EFI / EFI folder just copy them in and reboot. Don't alter the USB stick if it is working! That can act as a backup if anything ones awry etc. Just in the EFI folder on your HDD/SDD etc.

Thanks for your help, as well as sharks guide! Took a lot of tweaking along the way but so far everything is working as planned. Had to mess with the audio for quite some time and finally got it working. Audio after sleep works as well! Will def be posting a build thread in the near future with my Geekbench results, as well as the trial and error I went through so no one else encounters these headaches :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back