Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my build is almost identical to yours, just different SSD, i have the i5 8600k, and different RAM. But for some reason I just can't get load my bootable USB that I created with Unibeast. I've been trying ever solution for the past day and have gotten nowhere. Did you encounter any problems like this?

Last edited:
I always have to hit F12 and chose UEFI: BrandOfYourThumbDrive. Everything else won't work. I attached the EFI partition of my boot stick.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
I always have to hit F12 and chose UEFI: BrandOfYourThumbDrive. Everything else won't work. I attached the EFI partition of my boot stick.

I will give it a shot later tonight. I used your previous EFI you posted, maybe this one will work. For some reason I would select the UEFI:Thumbdrive like you said and the Gigabyte screen would just flash then send me back to the F12 boot screen. The only thing that I could think would be interfering with this would be not having my GPU installed. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail and trying to boot with the iGPU. I have been stuck trying to figure this out for a very long time now. Will update later. Thanks!

So I used your EFI and followed the UniBeast installation steps accordingly and every time I go to select the UEFI:Thumb drive in the F12 boot screen I still get the flash of the Gigabyte logo and then get sent back to select my choices again. I've run out of ideas as it's been two days, and I can't figure this problem out.

If your BIOS settings are the same as mine, the EFI partition same as mine and everything else is the same ... maybe it's the USB thumb drive for an unknown and unlikely reason?

If your BIOS settings are the same as mine, the EFI partition same as mine and everything else is the same ... maybe it's the USB thumb drive for an unknown and unlikely reason?

Hi both,

Only guessing here but that problem sounds very much like the USB stick hasn't been formatted correctly as a bootable one.

If you can I would create another USB with UniBeast double-checking the format etc as you go. Ensure it's big enough to start with, sometimes 8gb isn't enough initially, especially if there's an old partition left on the stick.

Hope that helps.

:)

Hi both,

Only guessing here but that problem sounds very much like the USB stick hasn't been formatted correctly as a bootable one.

If you can I would create another USB with UniBeast double-checking the format etc as you go. Ensure it's big enough to start with, sometimes 8gb isn't enough initially, especially if there's an old partition left on the stick.

Hope that helps.

I formatted the stick as a GUID partition. Is there another format I should try? I actually got it to load into clover once, but that was with downloading and installing the clover boot manager to the actual USB. Not sure why that works and Unibeast does not?

I formatted the stick as a GUID partition. Is there another format I should try? I actually got it to load into clover once, but that was with downloading and installing the clover boot manager to the actual USB. Not sure why that works and Unibeast does not?

Yes, you're right the partitioning scheme is a GUID, and that puts a ~200MB EFI hidden partition on the stick - and the format is Mac OS Journaled.

If you used UniBeast 8.* all should be ok so it is indeed strange that it isn't.

Run Terminal with the command "diskutil list" and check it out. If your main HD is disk0 then the USB will be disk1 (assuming no other disks) The main area of that stick will show then as disk1s2 - the hidden EFI partition would then be disk1s1.

You can easily check from the Mac you created the UniBeast stick on, but I understand if you don't have a working, bootable Mac to hand this can't be done easily.

Another thing to check is, as I said previously. If your memory stick is borderline not big enough UniBeast does sometimes finish its process but the USB stick won't work. Make sure you have plenty of room. When I had this problem I pinched a 16GB SD card from a camera and used that in a reader to create an installer!

Finally, if you feel really technical check the format of the hidden EFI partition. It should probably be MS-DOS (FAT32) in most cases, as will the EFI partition on your HD/SSD.

Yes, you're right the partitioning scheme is a GUID, and that puts a ~200MB EFI hidden partition on the stick - and the format is Mac OS Journaled.

If you used UniBeast 8.* all should be ok so it is indeed strange that it isn't.

Run Terminal with the command "diskutil list" and check it out. If your main HD is disk0 then the USB will be disk1 (assuming no other disks) The main area of that stick will show then as disk1s2 - the hidden EFI partition would then be disk1s1.

You can easily check from the Mac you created the UniBeast stick on, but I understand if you don't have a working, bootable Mac to hand this can't be done easily.

Another thing to check is, as I said previously. If your memory stick is borderline not big enough UniBeast does sometimes finish its process but the USB stick won't work. Make sure you have plenty of room. When I had this problem I pinched a 16GB SD card from a camera and used that in a reader to create an installer!

Finally, if you feel really technical check the format of the hidden EFI partition. It should probably be MS-DOS (FAT32) in most cases, as will the EFI partition on your HD/SSD.

This is so strange. I'm using a 32GB USB 2.0. Everything you've stated matches up with my current setup and settings. I'm using and iMac to download the Unibeast installer etc. What I've come to conclude is that the tonymac Unibeast just will not boot. The only way I make any progress is if I download Clover bootloader and use the EFI that is created through the bootloader.

I dragged over some Kexts from the EFI file provided in this thread to help with install. When I go to select "Install OS X from..." at the Clover screen the Apple logo appears, no loading bar shows up, then it loops me back to the Clover menu. That's the best progress I've made so far.

This is so strange. I'm using a 32GB USB 2.0. Everything you've stated matches up with my current setup and settings. I'm using and iMac to download the Unibeast installer etc. What I've come to conclude is that the tonymac Unibeast just will not boot. The only way I make any progress is if I download Clover bootloader and use the EFI that is created through the bootloader.

I dragged over some Kexts from the EFI file provided in this thread to help with install. When I go to select "Install OS X from..." at the Clover screen the Apple logo appears, no loading bar shows up, then it loops me back to the Clover menu. That's the best progress I've made so far.

I also wonder if it's a USB problem. I've tried to different USBs so far but I could've swore I read on here some others were having this issue, not positive though. Maybe if I drive an external HD that will do the trick? I'm so dang confused with this:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back