Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thanks! iMessage and Continuity are now working. Just audio and sleep won't work. Installed ALC1220 + 100/200/300 series ( also twice, due to the bug) and tried out different injections (1,2,5,7,11), but didn't manage to get audio working. Any ideas?

Regarding audio: I have the same motherboard and had the same problem with VooDoo. I downloaded a Vanilla Apple HDA, removed all previous audio kexts from prior attempts at audio from the L/E and S/L/E folders, and my EFI folder. Then I installed the latest Lilu and Apple ALC kexts in my EFI's "Other" folder under kexts. I then installed the Vanilla Apple HDA kext in my S/L/E folder using KextBeast. Lastly you will go into Clover Configurator and select the "Change HDAS to HDEF" under the ACPI tab. I'm injecting "11" for my audio. After all that, just restart you computer and the audio should work without a hunch. If you have any issues regarding the Apple HDA, the interweb is your best friend.

Could testing with OpenVPN software like CyberghostVPN ?

Regarding audio: I have the same motherboard and had the same problem with VooDoo. I downloaded a Vanilla Apple HDA, removed all previous audio kexts from prior attempts at audio from the L/E and S/L/E folders, and my EFI folder. Then I installed the latest Lilu and Apple ALC kexts in my EFI's "Other" folder under kexts. I then installed the Vanilla Apple HDA kext in my S/L/E folder using KextBeast. Lastly you will go into Clover Configurator and select the "Change HDAS to HDEF" under the ACPI tab. I'm injecting "11" for my audio. After all that, just restart you computer and the audio should work without a hunch. If you have any issues regarding the Apple HDA, the interweb is your best friend.

Thanks a lot, that helped! Audio is now working!!! Did you manage to get sleep working? Still struggling…
And how do I get the processor shown correctly? Tried to run ssdtPRGen.sh by Piker but there's always this error
"unterminated substitute pattern" coming up. I would be really glad if you could help. Thanks again

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, that helped! Audio is now working!!! Did you manage to get sleep working? Still struggling…
And how do I get the processor shown correctly? Tried to run ssdtPRGen.sh by Piker but there's always this error
"unterminated substitute pattern" coming up. I would be really glad if you could help. Thanks again

Sleep can be hit or miss to be honest. Mine took a lot of troubleshooting due to my H100i v2 cooler link cable instantly waking it from sleep, as well as my fans running full speed when waking from sleep(which came back after touching a random setting in BIOS, only goes away with BIOS updates.) I actually ended up implementing a custom USB injection to get rid of a majority of the sleep issues I was encountering. I had my sleep working for quite some time, but I touched BIOS to adjust some settings and the fan issue came back. There's more on my build thread here regarding my sleep issues throughout the replies and thread if you really need help. Also google is your friend. Regarding the processor showing correctly, I'm assuming you're referring to the "About This Mac" tab?, if so just go on google and type in "How to customize processor type under About This Mac". I just looked through a bunch of articles and followed the steps:thumbup:

Hi guys

We have the same motherboard Z370-HD3P and I have a question for you, if you may.

Does your computer powers on by mouse/keyboard ?

I have the same fans speed after wake up. Even after updating to the latest BIOS F6 (beginning of march).

I also have an issue on wake after sleep :
If I try to wake my PC with my keyboard or mouse : wakes up but display stays off.
If I try to wake my PC by pressing the power button of my case : wakes up no prob !

Even weirder, I found something else !
While my PC was off, I accidentally clicked on my mouse and the PC turned on !
It would not be a surprise for a certain BIOS config BUT, "Power On By Mouse" is.... disabled !
(its exactly the same with the keyboard)

I ended up finding another BIOS issue... And I was wondering if I'm the only one having it ?

Now that I know this I'm wondering if my "display-off wake-up" problem is not linked with the "power on by.." feature of the HD3P motherboard...

Interesting, don't you think ?
Annoying... but interesting...

[I contacted gigabyte support for those two issues...]

Last edited:
When I was testing it, I was able to wake the computer by pressing a key or clicking the mouse. It seemed like I needed 2 key presses to wake the display until I did all the USB fixes. After that, pressing a key/clicking the mouse would wake the computer and the display.

However, I never sleep my machine on a daily basis, so I don't know how stable it is.

Hi guys

We have the same motherboard Z370-HD3P and I have a question for you, if you may.

Does your computer powers on by mouse/keyboard ?

I have the same fans speed after wake up. Even after updating to the latest BIOS F6 (beginning of march).

I also have an issue on wake after sleep :
If I try to wake my PC with my keyboard or mouse : wakes up but display stays off.
If I try to wake my PC by pressing the power button of my case : wakes up no prob !

Even weirder, I found something else !
While my PC was off, I accidentally clicked on my mouse and the PC turned on !
It would not be a surprise for a certain BIOS config BUT, "Power On By Mouse" is.... disabled !
(its exactly the same with the keyboard)

I ended up finding another BIOS issue... And I was wondering if I'm the only one having it ?

Now that I know this I'm wondering if my "display-off wake-up" problem is not linked with the "power on by.." feature of the HD3P motherboard...

Interesting, don't you think ?
Annoying... but interesting...

[I contacted gigabyte support for those two issues...]

-Regarding your weird waking and powering up issues, I would suggest a custom USB injection. I was having strange things happen with mine, like my pc waking itself on its own due to a mouse plugged in.

-Currently I have not been able to fix the fan speed issue. Also running the most current BIOS(F6). I've contacted Gigabyte but have heard nothing yet.

When I was testing it, I was able to wake the computer by pressing a key or clicking the mouse. It seemed like I needed 2 key presses to wake the display until I did all the USB fixes. After that, pressing a key/clicking the mouse would wake the computer and the display.

However, I never sleep my machine on a daily basis, so I don't know how stable it is.

-Regarding your weird waking and powering up issues, I would suggest a custom USB injection. I was having strange things happen with mine, like my pc waking itself on its own due to a mouse plugged in.

-Currently I have not been able to fix the fan speed issue. Also running the most current BIOS(F6). I've contacted Gigabyte but have heard nothing yet.

I did the USB fix. Although I still have the "display off" problem by waking-up by mouse/keyboard... (still good with the power button)

When you patched the USB, did you get the 2 USB 3.1 (Type A & C) outside of the THX port ? Mine are on RP05@1C,4
Did you live them alone ?

@monsterz I opened a ticket here http://esupport.gigabyte.com
Their support is quite quick as I received answers the next day.

As for today, the Power On By Mouse/Keyboard issue can be fixed by enabling ErP in BIOS.
Thanks to them.

We are still discussing the fan issu. I'll keep you posted ;)

it is strange that i do not have the fan issue at all (or did not when i was testing - as mentioned i never put the machine to sleep on a daily basis.)

what is ErP (and what screen is it under?) i should check how mine is set next time i reboot.

When you patched the USB, did you get the 2 USB 3.1 (Type A & C) outside of the THX port ? Mine are on RP05@1C,4
Did you live them alone ?

i just left them alone - i didn't have anything to plug into the type C port and i guess i thought they were on a totally different controller. currently they are unused - i don't have any 3.1 devices.

it is strange that i do not have the fan issue at all (or did not when i was testing - as mentioned i never put the machine to sleep on a daily basis.)
Well apparently some lucky owners of the HD3P don't have this issue. I'm not lucky xD

what is ErP (and what screen is it under?) i should check how mine is set next time i reboot.
ErP is in the Power section of the BIOS.
The MB's manual says:
  • ErP
    Determines whether to let the system consume least power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default: Disabled) Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following functions will become unavailable: Resume by Alarm, PME event wake up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.
What I don't understand is why giving you the possibility to disable "Power On By Mouse/Keyboard" if it is still enabled when you disable it... dafuk ?

i just left them alone - i didn't have anything to plug into the type C port and i guess i thought they were on a totally different controller. currently they are unused - i don't have any 3.1 devices.
Yeah that's what I thought too. I first thought that the Asmedia controller was used for all ports (USB 2-3) but apparently it is just for 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back